Problems with my Logitech UltraX Media Remote

Discussion in 'General Support' started by TinXpH, May 4, 2006.

1. TinXpH

TinXpH New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello guys,
    great board and application btw :wink: the thing is that the remote came with Logitech's MediaLife 3.3 and everything was pretty handy (i could switch the whole application on/off without going to my computer - was easy as pie. Then I realised that you can't really customise it and it showed me "ALL" pictures on my computer (couldn't specify my picture folder) so I switched back to MediaPortal and till now I only partly regret it.

Some buttons on my remote work (the basic one's), but the rest is kind of useless.

Working buttons:

• > Play/Pause
      > Stop
      > Navigation in the menu (left/right/up/down + "execute")
      > Mute
      > Back
      > Volume (up/down)
      > in the picture/video menu it's possible to select Folders beginning with letters (A->Z) this is working, but as soon I am coming to my DVD it I can press a button (chapters 1-99) and I see the number coming up but when I click Enter nothing happens)

I already have tried [uberOptions] for Logitechs SetPoint Software but I can't use it as it can't find a mouse and simply won't execute.

When I take Winamp and install a plugin I can push a button and it will be mapped to a certain function - is this possible in MP as well ?

What would be nice to get working:

• > On/Off switch to close and open the application
      > a working DVDMENU button
      > the selection buttons for Language/Subtitle when I watch a DVD
      > chapter selection (error described above)
      > working Shuffle/Repeat buttons during MP3 Playback
      > I have a couple of "shortcutbuttons" in my remote: Radio/DVD/TV/Pictures/Videos/Music - would be great to get them working, too

It would be great if you could give me an advice - the Logitech UltraX Media Remote is really really good in my opinion (worth every pound I spent on it) and it would be awesome if I could get it working properly.

Cheers guys,
    Seb

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TinXpH

TinXpH New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. Roy

Roy Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    Good news everyone.. :)

I've developed a very early version of a plugin for the Logitech UltraX Media Remote. You can download it from http://csharp.roysolberg.com/ultrax/.

However, note that this is more of a "proof of concept" than a plugin. It is at the moment not configurable, but it does let you use most of the buttons on the control. My hope is that someone can use this source to create a plugin that can be integrated with the other controls that MediaPortal supports.

Please download it and give it a try. I've successfully installed and used in two computers.

Edit: I've created a new thread for the plugin.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!