Problems with my Logitech UltraX Media Remote (1 Viewer)

TinXpH

May 4, 2006
Hello guys,
great board and application btw :wink: the thing is that the remote came with Logitech's MediaLife 3.3 and everything was pretty handy (i could switch the whole application on/off without going to my computer - was easy as pie. Then I realised that you can't really customise it and it showed me "ALL" pictures on my computer (couldn't specify my picture folder) so I switched back to MediaPortal and till now I only partly regret it.

Some buttons on my remote work (the basic one's), but the rest is kind of useless.

Working buttons:

• > Play/Pause
    > Stop
    > Navigation in the menu (left/right/up/down + "execute")
    > Mute
    > Back
    > Volume (up/down)
    > in the picture/video menu it's possible to select Folders beginning with letters (A->Z) this is working, but as soon I am coming to my DVD it I can press a button (chapters 1-99) and I see the number coming up but when I click Enter nothing happens)

I already have tried [uberOptions] for Logitechs SetPoint Software but I can't use it as it can't find a mouse and simply won't execute.

When I take Winamp and install a plugin I can push a button and it will be mapped to a certain function - is this possible in MP as well ?

What would be nice to get working:

• > On/Off switch to close and open the application
    > a working DVDMENU button
    > the selection buttons for Language/Subtitle when I watch a DVD
    > chapter selection (error described above)
    > working Shuffle/Repeat buttons during MP3 Playback
    > I have a couple of "shortcutbuttons" in my remote: Radio/DVD/TV/Pictures/Videos/Music - would be great to get them working, too

It would be great if you could give me an advice - the Logitech UltraX Media Remote is really really good in my opinion (worth every pound I spent on it) and it would be awesome if I could get it working properly.

Cheers guys,
Seb

Roy

Portal Member
January 29, 2007
Bergen
Home Country
Norway Norway
Good news everyone.. :)

I've developed a very early version of a plugin for the Logitech UltraX Media Remote. You can download it from http://csharp.roysolberg.com/ultrax/.

However, note that this is more of a "proof of concept" than a plugin. It is at the moment not configurable, but it does let you use most of the buttons on the control. My hope is that someone can use this source to create a plugin that can be integrated with the other controls that MediaPortal supports.

Please download it and give it a try. I've successfully installed and used in two computers.

Edit: I've created a new thread for the plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom