Problems with Parsing Expressions (1 Viewer)

sgn

Portal Pro
December 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

all my series are saved on hdd. the path is "NameOfTheSeries/Season 1/01 - NameOfTheEpisode". some series are saved without the episode title in the path. "NameOfTheSeries/Season 1/01"

i'm using these 2 parsing expressions for importing the files:

<series>\Season <season>\<episode> - <title>\VIDEO_TS.IFO
<series>\Season <season>\<episode>\VIDEO_TS.IFO (for the series without episode tite)

problem: sometimes the plugin imports the name of the episode from the database, sometimes it copies the name from the path, only with small letters.

whats the problem? i want that the plugin imports the episode title from the database.

edit
only using the second parsing expression does not work.
is it possible to replace <title> with a "dummy"? so that the folder name after the episode number will be ignored?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi,

all my series are saved on hdd. the path is "NameOfTheSeries/Season 1/01 - NameOfTheEpisode". some series are saved without the episode title in the path. "NameOfTheSeries/Season 1/01"

i'm using these 2 parsing expressions for importing the files:

<series>\Season <season>\<episode> - <title>\VIDEO_TS.IFO
    <series>\Season <season>\<episode>\VIDEO_TS.IFO (for the series without episode tite)

problem: sometimes the plugin imports the name of the episode from the database, sometimes it copies the name from the path, only with small letters.

whats the problem? i want that the plugin imports the episode title from the database.

edit
    only using the second parsing expression does not work.
    is it possible to replace <title> with a "dummy"? so that the folder name after the episode number will be ignored?

Parsing expressions are done in order, so if another parsing expression can somewhat process your folder+files, but fails partly (as you already experience), it is still used and your new expression at the end is ignored.

Since the up/down arrows don't work, do a massive copy and paste to move all the existing expressions down and add yours at the top.

Enjoy.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Since the up/down arrows don't work, do a massive copy and paste to move all the existing expressions down and add yours at the top.

If that is true, could you please report the problem over at the issues tracker. I can't confirm the issue (no plugin running) so I would prefer someone else confirm and report the problem please.

Edit: Thnx

sgn

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    all the other Parsing Expressions are disabled.

when i change the ordner, only the series without the episode title in the folder name will be imported.

when i disable the the Parsing Expressions without <title> is exatly the same like befor, only the series without title will not imported.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    all the other Parsing Expressions are disabled.

when i change the ordner, only the series without the episode title in the folder name will be imported.

when i disable the the Parsing Expressions without <title> is exatly the same like befor, only the series without title will not imported.

Please provide a small list of actual folder+filenames, showing a parsing expression by itself is always going to be a working one.

Also reading your original question, when a filename is parsed in small letters, it means the raw parsing results were used, because no connection could be made to thetvdb.com (they have been down a lot lately, undergoing upgrades). It can also simply mean no positive match was found, so manually verify that.

PS: Also be sure that your shorter RegExp rule goes before the longer one, because chances are the longer one is able to get a partial result, which means it is used and the other rule is ignored. Damien has added new fixes to the way the expressions are done, as well as fixed the up/down arrow, per: http://code.google.com/p/mptvseries/source/detail?r=908

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom