Problems with playback of dts-audio (1 Viewer)

roedebaer

Portal Member
May 29, 2006
Hi there,

first of all, i run MP v.2.3 on a WinXP-Home system. My Soundcard is a Club 3D Theatron Agrippa DTS 7.1 which i suppose to have no built in ASIO support. So i installed ASIO4all v.2.8 which seems to work fine.
This soundcard has a special routing issue which i don't quite understand, yet. I use the optical SPDIF-out which can be set from 44.1 to 48 kHz or as "digital dolby live 5.1". The last setting converts any (stereo-)audo signal automatically to dd 5.1. I don't use this setting normally because video playback switches automacally from stereo to dts if the audio is dts.
For audio this doesn't work. Stereo is stereo and dts is still stereo except i switch manually to the "digital dolby live 5.1"-mode. Don't know why this doesn't work automatically for audio :(

Now my actual problem: I used to use foobar v.8.3 with foohttpserver.dll for dts music. This worked nice although i had to switch my soundcard output manually to ddl5.1 manually for dts audio. Now I hoped to get rid of this by using the pure audio plugin. I installed pure audio 2.0 enabled the plugin configured its putput to ASIO4all - and got only digital noise. Now I wanted to try out the pure audio v.2.1 and tried to uninstall the v2.0 via the MPinstaller first, but got only an error message which told me to use the MPinstaller to uninstall the plugin... heh?
Then I tried to install the 2.1 over the 2.0: Now I get an error-message saying "exception in plugin loading: {0}" and something about bass.net version 2.4. Can't get the new pure audio plugin to run.

This is my story so far. Anyone any suggestions?
I just want to playback my dts-music without having to change the device setting of my soundcard to 'digital live 5.1' every time and listen to my stereo audio as stereo without having the soundcard mixing it up to dd if I don't reswitch. If this automatically works with video streams (stereo is stereo and dts is dts) why doesn't this work with audio streams (dts-audio files from HD) as well?

Regards
Roede

P.S.: Forgot to mention that I can't configure the plugins anymore (since my deinstalling trouble with pure music plugin) in MP because of this error-message: "Failed to locate assembly 'Bass.Net, Version=2.4.3.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b7566c273e6ef480'. Note that teh configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom