Problems with SchedulesDirect Guide Importer (1 Viewer)

JimmyD

Portal Member
September 7, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, all. Newbie here. I am having trouble getting my EPG up and running. I installed SchedulesDirect EPG Client v1.3.0.1 but then realized that there was a newer version, SchedulesDirect Plugin 1.11.0.2. When I tried to install 1.11, it came up with an error message that said 1.3 needed to be deleted and asked if I wanted to continue. I assumed that the 1.11 installer was going to delete 1.3 for me. I don't think it did. Now when I go to the MediPortal TV Server Configuration, all I see for available plugins is 1.3.0.1, no sign of 1.11.0.2. My questions are:

1. Do I need to manually delete 1.3.0.1? (and if so, how?)

2. Should 1.11.0.2 show up in the MediaPortal TV Server Configurator?

3. How do I map the EPG info from this program to the proper channels manually if it doesn't line up with my channels?

Jim

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Looks like there is a problem with the SchedulesDirect update process. It also failed when I tried, maybe @geoffstewart should take a look. To get the update to work I had to do the following.

1. start TV Server Config, select ManualControl, press Stop to stop the TV Server, close TV Server Config

2. click on the SchedulesDirectPlugin-1.11.0.2.mpe1 to start the update process, with the Tv Server "stopped" the delete old version, install new 1.11.0.2 version steps should work.

3. start TV Server Config,it will ask to start the TV Server, now the new SchedulesDirect version should show up and work

Not sure what type of TV configuration you are using, for USA/ATSC (antenna) setups, SD uses the TV Channels Major.Minor channel numbers (5.1 etc) to map between MP-Channels to EPG-Channels.

You can also use mc2xml (free version 1.3) to download SchedulesDirect EPG data to use with the xmltv-plugin. More setup steps are needed but you have full control of mapping between MP-Channels to EPG-Channels.

mc2xml download, http://mc2xml.hosterbox.net/

MePo setup for xmltv/mc2xml, http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml

one more comment, the SchedulesDirect plugin SW is installed in the following folder (W7/W8+). You should see the file dates change when you do the install, SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins

JimmyD

Portal Member
    September 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you so much for your help, Ron. Through your directions, I was able to get the SchedulesDirect plugin to update. It now reads SchedulesDirect EPG Client v1.11.0.2.

Now how do I get it to work? I have a valid SchedulesDirect account (I know this because I have been able to download program data using XmlTv. I selected 13 days of data to keep and Force full guide update on next TvService startup and then manually stopped and started the TV service. I do not see any new program data. Only the stuff I was able to get using XmlTv. Should I be able to tell that the SchedulesDirect Client is retrieving the EPG data?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    glad you got SD-plugin updated/installed. A couple of questions.

1. what sort of MP setup are your using? MP1 or MP2?
    2. Are you using antenna/ATSC or a cable setup? If cable what type, clear QAM, Cable Card?

To reduce confusion, you should just use either only the SD-plugin or mc2xml/xmltv-plugin. It can cause some complications if you flip between the 2 options. Assuming SD-plugin, I'd suggest doing the following.

1. Set SD-guide days = 2, Force-Download for testing. Using days=2 makes the testing faster, once you have all channels setup, increase the days to 13 and do another download.

2. With TV Server Config, select ManualControl, press RefreshEPG, this will clear your existing MP EPG data so you can confirm the SD-plugin is loading data. Then do stop/start server to trigger a new SD-plugin download.

It would help if you upload your TV Server log files, see
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-and-fill-in-system-specs-for-support.118424/

you can use "option 3" in the following to get all log files in a zipfile
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs

JimmyD

Portal Member
    September 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks, Ron.

I am using MP1 with a CableCARD, Verizon FIOS.

I followed your steps and it seemed like some data was downloaded. I now have a large number of analog channels showing in the TV Channels section of TV Server Configuration that were not there before. Some have the same channel number as my digital CableCARD channels, some do not. They all say "Channel not mapped to a card under Mapped Cardtypes" (screenshot attached).

Many of my channels have No Data.

Log files also attached.

Hope you can guide me to the next step.

Jim

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      265 KB

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    I have an antenna/ATSC MP1 setup so I don't really have hands-on experience working with MP1 and CableCard setups. For ATSC, the SD-plugin uses the ATSC Major.Minor numbers to automap the EPG lineup, but does not make any changes to the MP channels. Not sure why you are seeing channel setup changes.

The other SchedulesDirect option is disable the SD-plugin, use mc2xml to download SchedulesDirect EPG data to a tvguide.xml file, and use the xmltv-plugin to map the MP-Channels to EPG-Channels, and import EPG data. The setup guide I showed earlier give some info on how to get this setup.

Maybe @mm1352000 can make suggestions on next steps to get things up/running.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I now have a large number of analog channels showing in the TV Channels section of TV Server Configuration
    Yes, this is precisely why I don't recommend the SD plugin anymore. It does not match cable lineups properly and instead creates analog channels that you don't want.

I recommend you pull your SD data into an XMLTV file using mc2xml, then import that data using the XMLTV plugin (comes with TV Server):
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom