problems with X10 remote (1 Viewer)

mikeymika

Portal Member
March 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
hi everyone,

im having trouble with my X10 remote on mediaportal 0.2.3.0 (can't get RC 2.0 installed :confused:),

Downlo1.JPG

it has two sides,

depending on installing a drive or not.

ive also tried things like on this forum:
last post in this tread without registering the new X10net.dll because i dont have the firefly remote.

either i have the "double clicks" problem ( with one of the X10 drivers i got installed )
or i can't get my htpc in/out stand-by/hibernate. (with no X10 driver installed, and did the thing in the above called thread)

i have tried this aswell:

installing the driver and replace the otherx10.xml file
this last thing (replacing the .xml file) helpt me getting more functions from my remote, first i only had a few functions (arrows, enter and clear button)

i dont know what to do anymore :(

i hope someone can help me

regards

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    one week ago i sells my X10 to get a new one without any problems. There are always trouble with this stupid remote. OK. i know this not really helps, but this is my statement. As long as you can get a MS-Remote, take them ... With the X10 it was not possible to use this thing without the girder-software and there was a lot of malfunctions left with it.

mikeymika

Portal Member
    March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    well i dont mind buying a new remote, but i want it to be a RF remote, i dont want one of those ugly IR receivers on top of my HTPC.

but i think it should work with this remote, it's just a matter of right settings en drivers..

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok. You can supress the "Double-Click-Feature" when you configure the remote as an HID-Device in MP-Config.
    >>
    i dont want one of those ugly IR receivers on top of my HTPC.
    A design-contest the remote will never win, thats right, but there are two little extenders on the receiver-box, they you can places on a "secret place" ore modify the box to put it in the htpc-case ... ore what ever :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom