Prof Revolution DVB-S2 8000 Card (1 Viewer)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of adding an additional card so I can get Freesat and the HD Channels. I already have a Sky box setup next to the HTPC so all the hardware is there.

This is the card I saw (it was on the AVForums) Prof Revolution DVB-S2 8000 PCI-E and at what currently translates as £40+shipping seems very good value.

Does anybody have experience of this card??

Thanks in advance

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I can't answer your question but I'm looking for a new card too. That almost looks so cheap as to be too good to be true. Be great if it really is that cheap and works well.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Jonm,

Yes, it does look, erm, 'attractively' priced. From the pictures on Profs' website it looks to be dual tuner (has two inputs for co-ax cables) but it cannot be for that price.

I'm also looking at this S2 dual tuner card too, but I can only find a supplier in NZ and it works out at about £90 for a DVB-S2 dual tuner.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi Jonm,

Yes, it does look, erm, 'attractively' priced. From the pictures on Profs' website it looks to be dual tuner (has two inputs for co-ax cables) but it cannot be for that price.

Its not dual tuner, just loop back.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks Romuz...the TBS6980 card is definitely dual tuner. (see here.. S2 dual tuner card) The manufacturers website shows it as dual tuner and also the importer shows it as dual tuner too. It cost just under 100 euro's, so I would expect it to be dual at the price.

I was just asking of anybody else had this card, and any tips on setting it up for the UK's Freesat service?

Quake505

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2009
    I've now read a couple of reviews on this card, they both rate the card very high and one stating that it works with Media Portal.

Quake505

Portal Pro
    May 23, 2009
    Hi Porky,

I've now read more reviews on different forums, all but one rate it very high, the one person that doesn't still likes it but has a jitter issue with Win 7 and HD, but the other people don't have a problem.

So I bitten the bullet and ordered one from Holland, so i'll guess it will arrive at the end of the week.

At the moment i'm going to focus just on Sly in the UK (were I live) even though I have a rotor on my dish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom