Program Plugin help (1 Viewer)

cybergeek

Portal Pro
November 21, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi guys I am in the process of writing my A+ and I have a program from preplogic and I just wanted to know if I can add that in the programs so I can open it on my HTPC on the big screen. I tryed to add them as an application and it opens but then the remote cant access it, the program just kinda freezes is there a way to run it on my HTPC in the programs section?

GhoSe

Portal Pro
December 17, 2007
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
but then the remote cant access it

How do you think should this work? Normally you always have to program some kind of translation e.g. OK button on remote emulates a click on the button "Start work" or something.
You have to provide more details about the app, your remote and the way you are using your remote inside MP.

cybergeek

Portal Pro
November 21, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have a media center remote all I want the remote to do is move to the next box of the program like one box or button I should say is next and one is back and if I can get the remotes arrow keys to do that and the ok as the mouse click then I think it might work.

GhoSe

Portal Pro
December 17, 2007
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hehe, from a user side this should sound simple, but from a developer side it isn't really ;) This is nothing MP can do out of the box. Its more or less the same as steering external media players (e.g. PowerDVD). If the external player doesn't already support this kind of remote, you have to program how the application should be steered by your remote. E.g.:

- Up-Button on remote pressed -> find the next button in your program -> emulate mouse-click

What could work is if you would use some applications like Girder, EventGhost etc. that are generally emulating key-strokes / mouse-clicks.

cybergeek

Portal Pro
November 21, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I tryed to use a program called jmouse where you can use a gamepad to control the mouse but it didn't work as I wanted it to I will keep trying it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom