Programme recorded intermittenly under V1.1.0 (1 Viewer)

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Since my last problem reported I did not get a response, so I decided to completely uninstall Mediaportal V1.1.0 and previous V1.0.2 applications (i.e. MS SQL), including the current MySQL (this is an upgrade from V1.0.2 to V1.1.0) The problem I had previously was that Mediaportal was not recording program as per scheduled intermittenly. (I previously use the recommended upgrade route - manual method).

Anyway I have found that any new scheduled programmed that I wanted to record, either happens or not at all, when I say not at all, it only happens when the PC has been put into hibination (power scheduler plug in - is enabled), and is due to wake up at the next programme, this happens intermittenly, there is no pattern to this i.e. it happens on different channel, different programme and time. However whenever I know there is a scheduled programme due to be recorded, I waited for the PC to 'wake up' it didn't happen (it scheduled to wake 5 mins before programme starts), so I intervene to power up the pc, and start up Mediaportal, and I found that it will record the scheduled programmed, but the PC did not 'wake up' without my intervention, otherwise I would have missed this scheduled programmed.

So please tell me why this is an issue under V1.1.0, and not V1.0.2 where it has always reliably recorded scheduled programme inbetween hibination?

Again as mentioned previously, this is something that TV servers/Power Scheduler deals with, so I am not sure if entering the Mediaportal into debug mode is any good? But I will provide the logs (enclosed), but all I can do is scheduled a 'record' programmed for you to see (I scheduled 'Match of the Day' 18/09/2010 at 22:20). I cannot use Mediaportal debug mode whilst in hibination. I have to say it reliably goes to sleep, but 'waking up' is an issue with me!

Note: As it is 22:20 at the time I have submitted this, the PC has not woken up to the scheduled programme i.e Match of the Day at 22:20hrs, which should have started at 22:15hrs. So it is not working!

I have been running Mediaportal V1.0.2 for a year with no issues of scheduled programmes recorded missing. NO changes has been made to the pc, other than the upgrade to Mediaportal V1.1.0.

Yes I have rebooted the PC after setting the Power Scheduler, as I am aware the changes in there won't happen until after the reboot.

I have backed up the system as per V1.0.2, so I can always go back to a working system that I know it works, but all your efforts in creating V1.1.0 will be for nothing, so prove it to me, that this problem can be fixed.

Many Thanks.

Update 19/09/2010 Since studying the log, I realised that after doing a fresh installation, I needed to set the wake up event option in power scheduler, I have done this, so let's see if it will reliably record following a fresh installation. Previous installation of V1.1.0 was unreliable.

MediaPortal Version V1.1.0.0:
    MediaPortal Skin - default (Blue Wide):
    Windows Version - Vista - Service Pack 2:
    CPU Type - Pentium Dual-Core:
    HDD - Sata 2 x 500GB striping (Raid 0):
    Memory - 2GB:
    Video Card - ATI:
    Video Card Driver - V8.753:
    Sound Card - builtin:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card - DigiTV:
    1. TV Card Type - DVB-T:
    1. TV Card Driver - :
    2. TV Card - DigitTV:
    2. TV Card Type - DVB-T:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card - DigitTV:
    3. TV Card Type - DVB-T:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:

craigparris1

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    What's the update, dude? I'll help you out, if I can. I have 1.1.0 running with no suspend / resume problems .... in fact, for me I'm finding it more reliable than previous versions.

Cheers,
    Craig

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    25/09/2010 Update

Thanks for the offer Craig, it seems that the full reinstallation has solved the problem, I no longer get some programes recorded and other's don't, all this week all of my favourite schedule programe has been recorded 100%, just like V1.0.2 does. The problem must lie when I had V1.0.2 which was upgraded to V1.1.0 and has been a problem since, so I decided to bit the bullet and uninstall completely (yes 100%) and start again with a fresh installation.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom