Programmers! $ paid for Genpix Skywalker-1 DS filter

Discussion in 'other features (of release or svn versions)' started by Blarro, June 7, 2008.

1. Blarro

Blarro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Several of us are willing to pay cash to someone with the skills to write a DirectShow filter for MP support of the Genpix Skywalker-1 DVB-S card. I'm not sure how to spearhead something like this, but I'm willing to put up $200 toward a 'programming fund'. Several others over on the DVBN forums have also expressed interest in financially supporting this. It's the only H.264 capable card out there, but lacks support with MP (a BDA driver wouldn't support H.264, so a DS filter similar to the Skystar2 setup would be ideal).

Please let me know if there's a better place to post this request.

Thanks!

TV-Server Version: RC1
    MediaPortal Version: RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: default
    Windows Version: XP SP3
    CPU Type: Intel Dual Core 2.8
    HDD: WD 500gb
    Memory: 2gig DDR2
    Motherboard: Intel
    Video Card: Radeon X1650
    Video Card Driver: latest
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-S
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: latest
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: NVidea Purevideo
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Intervideo
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: n/a
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Windows Media Center XP
    TV: Sony 51" rear projection
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Janks427

Janks427 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm willing to take a stab at this. I don't know much about Window's drivers, but that's never stopped me before.

What can you tell me about the Skystar2 interface that you want emulated? I don't have a Skystar so I don't know how it works. You specifically mention that a BDA driver won't work for the H.264 content. From my research I need to write a BDA driver so that MP will at least recognize the Skywalker-1. If all I need to do is a DS filter that will make it easier, but I don't follow how MP will interface to that.

Any details you can provide I'd appreciate. I have 2 Skywalker-1's so I have the hardware to test with. I was using MythTV, but because of the annoying development of it, I'm looking to implement in Media Portal.

Thanks.

4. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Portal Pro

Software Engineer
    Ratings:
    +30 / 1
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Actually what was needed was a BDA driver, not a DS filter and that now exists directly from the genpix website available here.
    http://www.genpix-electronics.com/GenpixBDA_0_1_0_2.zip

There may be changes required for mediaportal because of the odd North America modulation.
    There is a PDF file in the driver zip that explains how to interface to the driver.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!