Programmers! $ paid for Genpix Skywalker-1 DS filter (1 Viewer)

Blarro

June 7, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Several of us are willing to pay cash to someone with the skills to write a DirectShow filter for MP support of the Genpix Skywalker-1 DVB-S card. I'm not sure how to spearhead something like this, but I'm willing to put up $200 toward a 'programming fund'. Several others over on the DVBN forums have also expressed interest in financially supporting this. It's the only H.264 capable card out there, but lacks support with MP (a BDA driver wouldn't support H.264, so a DS filter similar to the Skystar2 setup would be ideal).

Please let me know if there's a better place to post this request.

Thanks!

TV-Server Version: RC1
MediaPortal Version: RC1
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: Intel Dual Core 2.8
HDD: WD 500gb
Memory: 2gig DDR2
Motherboard: Intel
Video Card: Radeon X1650
Video Card Driver: latest
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-S
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: latest
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: NVidea Purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Intervideo
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: n/a
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Windows Media Center XP
TV: Sony 51" rear projection
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Janks427

March 27, 2009
I'm willing to take a stab at this. I don't know much about Window's drivers, but that's never stopped me before.

What can you tell me about the Skystar2 interface that you want emulated? I don't have a Skystar so I don't know how it works. You specifically mention that a BDA driver won't work for the H.264 content. From my research I need to write a BDA driver so that MP will at least recognize the Skywalker-1. If all I need to do is a DS filter that will make it easier, but I don't follow how MP will interface to that.

Any details you can provide I'd appreciate. I have 2 Skywalker-1's so I have the hardware to test with. I was using MythTV, but because of the annoying development of it, I'm looking to implement in Media Portal.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom