Progress bar for video dowloads? (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    would it be possible to see the progress of a video download? If not, could it be implemented?

Thanks!

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Site named DownloadedVideos (last site in the list) has a category named "Downloading". If you are currently downloading videos, they will be displayed in there and when selecting an entry in the list the amount in KB of the total KB will be shown as description (Blue3 Skins! Not sure which other skins show the desc.)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think they show the description, but only in list, not thumbnail viewmode? (not sure)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    is it possible to create a double progress bar, like in youtube.

where one background bar shows the downloaded progress, and another bar shows the current position you are watching????

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This requires changes to MediaPortal itself to support this information inside the progressbar on the PlayingOSD.
    Or another OSD just for OnlineVideos, not sure how to handle this, I'll add it on my to-check list.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i understand. maybe something like the osd of timeshift used in tv section.

or maybe just to make it easier for you, display the values somewhere in the osd.

example

20% downloaded
    or
    2:00/10:00 downloaded. (that would be 2 min out of 10 donwloaded)

no so cool but gives you the info.

thanks

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I agree. I love this plugin, but quite often I click on the video, nothing happens except the hard drive is blinking, otherwise MP looks frozen, instead of waiting who know how long I just have to kill MP. We need some kind of a feedback on what is happening: numbers, bars, hourglass, colors.. Please!

Wiesel

Portal Member
    April 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I also think that this is an important feature... the progress bar is imho a "must have", especially since every online video site got it and people are used to it (or at least myself ;). Additionally the current download speed would be nice to see. That would also be very helpful for forward skips as you'd have a visual feedback on how long you have to wait until the video continues playing. Do you have the needed data at hand in your plugin, i.e. is it just a matter of an enhanced progress bar?

Another feature that would be very helpful is the ability to cancel a video request at any time, that means also before the video has even started playing. Currently MP just seems to be stuck (like greybox already said) and you have no idea what's going on or if there's ever anything going to happen. If I wait for a while and nothing happens, I need to kill MP as the back button doesn't work before the video playback has started.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have already commited the progressbar feature to svn and it's working nice in my tests :)
    It will require a skinchange on next release once again, but it's not too hard. OnlineVideos OSD now uses the TV progressbar to show the current buffer and playback position ;)

The "freezing MediaPortal" problem is a tough one. It happens when the graph for playback is build and for some reason a filter decides it needs the full file before playback. I have not figured out yet why it locks up the whole application. It's on my todo list, might just take a little longer.

So far for status updates :)

Users who are viewing this thread