Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-12-30 and happy new year! (1 Viewer)

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here comes a last, short progress report from the MP2 team in 2010.
    We're not sleeping, quite the contrary. There are huge improvements within the SkinEngine of MP2 being done. Maybe you noticed that the current system in the trunk has problems with big lists. That showes up when you show a big playlist (more than 1000 items), for example. That's the reason why the number of displayed items in the media navigation views is currently limited to 500.
    I'm currently working on a SkinEngine improvement which avoids that problem. There are also other things being done.

I'll write another progress report when you can see a progress in the running system.

And there is another thing I want to say:
    MP2 is often compared with XBMC in terms of their SkinEngines. Often, I hear: "XBMC is much better than MP2; its skin looks better".
    Yesterday, I again installed the newest PC version of XBMC and I must say: All the features their default skin support, all their "smoothness", their animations etc., our SkinEngine is able to achieve easily. Only we need a skin which uses all those features.

And people: We'll have such a skin! It will still take some time to implement a nice skin, but our core system is very powerful. The project will continue to be exciting!

Guys and gals, have a happy new year!

Cheers,
    Albert

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-12-30 and happy new year!

I'm so excited to see the first official release :p
    And you are working really hard on it (I'm tracking the development status in the SVN xD)^^
    But was a bit confused about one message in the SVN: "Added single channel TvGuide with scheduling features." by morpheus... And don't know what STC stands for...

Hopefully it's okay that I ask the question in public... otherwise just censor this post :p

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks Albert.

I'm impatient to test the next commit on the trunk, as always :D

I'm sure it will be a big step in the dev process !

I wich a happy new year to all members of the team, and to all MP users.

Cheers.
    Smeulf.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Progress: MP 2 development status - 2010-12-30 and happy new year!

I'm sorry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom