Progressbar in MyMovies and RecordedTV (1 Viewer)

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I don't know if this is by design or if it's a bug.

Okay...so in recorded tv(Picture1) when pausing a recording the left hand side of the progressbar tells you the progressed time and the right side the total time. But in my movies(Picture2) the right hand side tells you the time left of the movie (total time - progress time). This makes similar things inconsitent and hard to recognize at first. Also the progressbar in recorded tv is red and in my movies it's green.

IMO the best would be to display progress time on the left and total time on the right (like in recorded tv) and a green progressbar (like in my movies) in both recorded tv and my movies.

//johnzered

Attachments

• RecordedTVTimeLine.jpg
      RecordedTVTimeLine.jpg
      59.8 KB
    • myVideosTimeLine.jpg
      myVideosTimeLine.jpg
      79.6 KB

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    No one thinks this is wrong?

Okay so i've done some research and I suppose the red progressbar in recorded tv has something todo with the fact that the same xml is used when timeshiftning so I maybe that can't be changed without a lot of other changes.

But the other thing, the "wrong" time on the right side of the progressbar in myvideos is easily changeable right?

//johnzered

solis66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi johnzered.
    The "wrong" time on the right side is just a skin issue. It can easily be changed in the file common.progressbar.xml for each skin.

Just search for the row:
    Code:
    <label>#currentremaining</label>
    and replace with :
    Code:
    <label>#duration</label>

Now it should show the total time instead :)

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

thanks for you're reply. Unfortunately changing #currentremaining to #duration in common.progressbar.xml makes it show "wrong" info in tv section instead as it instead of stoptime shows currentplaytime or something which increments all the time...I then had a look at BlueTwo and it has a common.play.progressbar.xml but also a separate VideoFullScreen.xml where you can set what you want it to display like so:
    <define>#play.progressbar.currentremaining:#duration</define>

So with BlueTwo I'm able to customize it the way I want it to but with BlueTwo wide I'm not.

It looks to me that the BlueTwo version is more developed and customizable than the BlueTwo wide version...Hopefully the new Blue3 wide will implement the behaviour of BlueTwo and Blue3.

//johnzered

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom