projector calibration

Discussion in 'Displays' started by carmenm, August 4, 2009.

1. carmenm

carmenm Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Hi everyone,

I have a projector for now 3 years and the thing that most annoyed me with it was how to calibrate the colors(by that i mean brightness, contrast, gamma, saturation).

Up to 2 months ago, i had been doing that by comparing the image with one my lcd, but it s hell!!

Recently i discovered this site
    AVS Forum - View Single Post - AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray, HD DVD, & MP4 Calibration

I then bought thx glasses and tried to calibrate with it.

I should mention that i calibrate with an nividia card(9400 motherboard). What i do is change the desktop colors to get good colors in MP, then use nvidia video color settings while watching an mp4 version of the patterns.

My problem is that those patterns dont talk about gamma. And when i use them i end up with a very dark image and i just dont like that.

It s kind of frustrating right now as i spend hours tweaking it.

So how do you do it guys?

It has come to a point for me where i want to buy another projector(still lcd as i see the rainbows with dlp) and a projection screen (i currently do it on a white wall, so with a white screen it shouldnt change a lot)

Any help or advice will be more than welcome
    :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!