PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control application (1 Viewer)

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
For anyone wanting to use the official Sony PS3 Bluetooth BD Remote with Windows and/or MediaPortal can use my application to do it.

This is a simply plug and play application...basic buttons like volume, arrows, play pause are already setup....but you can assign any key to any button from within the application. It also supports Triple-tap for entering letters like you would on a mobile phone for instance.

Instructions for pairing the remote:

1. Open the Bluetooth pairing wizard for your particular machine. How you do this depends entirely on your operating system and what Bluetooth adapter you are using.

2. Put your remote into pairing mode. To do this, hold the “Enter + Start” buttons on the remote (at the same time). Continue to hold these buttons down throughout the pairing.

3. Start the search for nearby visible Bluetooth devices on your computer.

4. When shown, select the “BD Remote Control” from the list and proceed to pair this device with your computer. If prompted for a passkey, enter nothing or select “Do not need passkey” (or similar).

5. After pairing is complete and you have the option to “Finish” or close pairing, release the “Enter + Start” buttons on the remote.

6. Install and open the PS3 Remote Application and enjoy!

There is currently an experimental release which supports Remote Hibernation to save on battery (although this is experimental).

You can download the application here: Http://www.benbarron.com/applications. (Changelog also available)

DiskHead

Portal Member
April 1, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This app lets me set a button to "Start Application 1" or "Start Application 2" but how do I set what application 1 and application 2 are. At this point they open explorer.exe and calc.exe.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    might be an idea to add "PS3" to the list of compatible remote controls and set up the mapping for it inside the MP config

of course if you have a PS3 and attempt to use the remote with the PC..u need to un-pair/re-pair when u switch from using the PC and PS3..lol might be a little annoyance..or perhaps you have 2 of them and the trick is not confuse the 2 of them...lol

but definitely a great remote! has colored buttons and all that jazz

Nato

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2006
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi I am using you software with mediaportal and are having issues with the remote going to sleep and not waking up , also when it goes to sleep it seems to mute the sound ???? to wake the remote up I have to pull batteries and reinsert anyone else having this issue and have any workarounds?

McGregorMX

November 18, 2010
    I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering where the config file for the software is located. I'm doing a new HTPC build and purchased another blu-mote for it, and instead of programming the second remote, I was hoping I could just copy the configuration file over and be up and running (after connecting the device of course). Any Help is appreciated.

Edit: I found the location, just in case anyone was wondering. On Win 7 it is: [OS Drive]:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\PS3BluMote\settings.ini

Last edited:

timmo82

Portal Member
    June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Hello all,

Not sure if anyone is looking at this thread any more...i have installed the above and it works great. The only problem that im having is that the remote stops responding after a period of time, not functioning at all. The only way that i can get it working again is to pull the batteries out and back in again and the remote works again.....any ideas on where to start on this???....is it a known MP issue by any chance???

timmo82

Portal Member
    June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Worked the above out, the remote is going into a "sleep mode" however when buttons are pressed the remote wont reconnect to the PC...help needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom