purevideo + live tv = stuttering (1 Viewer)

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
I don`t know if this is actually a bug, but here goes:

[analog PAL cable] -> [Sapphire theatrix ATI 550pro] -> [MP 0.1.3.0] -> [Nvidia purevideo filters] -> [wmr9 renderless] -> [29" PAL CRT]

and

[OTA DVB-T] -> [Terratec T2] -> [MP 0.1.3.0] -> [Nvidia purevideo filters] -> [wmr9 renderless] -> [29" PAL CRT]

means periodic bad stuttering.

[analog PAL cable] -> [Sapphire theatrix ATI 550pro] -> [MP 0.1.3.0] -> [Mpeg2dec] -> [wmr9 renderless] -> [29" PAL CRT]

and

[OTA DVB-T] -> [Terratec T2] -> [MP 0.1.3.0] -> [Mpeg2dec] -> [wmr9 renderless] -> [29" PAL CRT]

means no stuttering so far.

Problem is there if time-shifting is used or not. If a small fast-forward or rewind is used when time-shifting, the problem will usually go away. I have not yet seen any problems with video files on disk(divx,dvd,hdtv).

I believe that there may be some synchronisation issue between between the live transport stream coming from the tv card (analog or digital) that is fixed when using the ffw/rw buttons, or some unknown de-interlace/re-interlace issue with the purevideo drivers.

regards
Knut Inge

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

i also see this on various systems. i did some reaseach, it seems it comes down to directx only hardware accelerates the primary display and not the extended. If you motherboard supports 2x PCIe you could try dual gfx cards, 1 for each monitor and you will see the difference straight away. Note: it wasnt just MP this was a problem...
i also see this on various systems. i did some reaseach, it seems it comes down to directx only hardware accelerates the primary...
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2 MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP/Default Wide Windows Version: 7sp1 x86 and x64 CPU Type: Intel Q6600...
Replies
Views
Sorry to hear that it has caused so much trouble for you. Unfortunately today's GPUs still seem to use different HW clock source for audio and video. This is most likely caused by the fact that ATI & Nvidia are both bying the audio implementation as a "ready silicon sollution" (they just integrate it into the GPU) and that has own...
Sorry to hear that it has caused so much trouble for you. Unfortunately today's GPUs still seem to use different HW clock...
Hi folks, I'm at wit's end here. I've been searching the net and trying different things for about a week now. I've read many...
Replies
Views
Disabling Vista AERO I can play 1080i very smooth at 50fps (Renderer is still EVR in MP). but I suffer now from tearing ... and this is normal with aero off reading the very good stutter-free playback guide ! activating v-sync in 3d setting of videocard does not help, I think it works with XP. It seems definitely the EVR that...
Disabling Vista AERO I can play 1080i very smooth at 50fps (Renderer is still EVR in MP). but I suffer now from tearing ... and...
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1 MediaPortal Skin: blue3 wide Windows Version: Vista SP2 CPU Type: Athlon II X4 605e HDD: WD 1.5 TB...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Live tv freezing DE
MediaPortal Version[1.1.1]: MediaPortal Skin[]: Windows Version[7 Ultimate 32bit]: CPU Type[AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane 2.5GHz ]: HDD: Memory[OCZ S.O.E 2GB DDR2 ]: Motherboard[GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H]: Video Card[Gigabyte Nvidia 8500 gt]: Video Card Driver: Sound Card: Sound Card AC3: Sound Card Driver: 1...
MediaPortal Version[1.1.1]: MediaPortal Skin[]: Windows Version[7 Ultimate 32bit]: CPU Type[AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane...
MediaPortal Version[1.1.1]: MediaPortal Skin[]: Windows Version[7 Ultimate 32bit]: CPU Type[AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out, but I don't think its the cause of all the dropped frames. So the question remains, whats the difference between evr and vmr9, and why does vmr9 act so much better than the recommened evr? And is there somewhere I can learn about the shift+1 graph and what it means? Rob
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out, but I don't think its the cause of all the dropped frames. So the question remains, whats...
MediaPortal Version: MP 1.1.0.0 MediaPortal Skin: PureHD Blue 4.1 Windows Version: Windows 7 64bit CPU Type: Intel Atom Dual...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom