Pvr-500 with digital tv from kpn(The netherlands) (1 Viewer)

thedarkside

May 29, 2006
I don't get any tv signal. I have do the scan but he don't find a tv signal.

What i'm doing wrong?

teknobass

May 29, 2006
You have to use the SVHS-in connection on your PVR500. The PVR is an analog TV capture card. You can connect an analog COAX cable (like the one you connect your TV on the wall-outlet of the cable-provider) and then you can scan channels, just like your TV or VCR does.

If you want to use a digital TV signal in MP you have to have a Digital Capture Card with a Common Interface wich can handle and decrypt the digital Signal.For KPN-TV currently only the FloppyDTV is available. YOu insert this card in your HTPC and you can watch and record Digital TV.

alternatively you can connect the KPN-TV STB (settuopbox) via a SCART to SVHS cable to you PVR500 (on its SVHS input connection). In MP you can configure your channels to External. Channel switching can be done by a Remote Blaster.

A remote blaster is an IR sender you can program to switch channels.

teknobass

May 29, 2006
Bram said:
Can anyone with the FloppyDTV card receive KPN digital TV, without paying?

KPN-TV uses a form of Conax, which isnt (publicly) hacked. Also I dont think the mods of this forum likes these kind of questions..Just do a forum search on MDAPI, and you know why.

Besides, KPN-Tv costs 7,95 euro a month..

Users who are viewing this thread