Q-Sonic Slim-Remote II (eDio) supported? (1 Viewer)

WeeMan

February 27, 2008
Meschede, Germany
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Hello everyone,

I am new to MediaPortal and my first impressions are "brilliant". I had an old remote lying around which I thought I could just plug in and let loose but it seems it is not that easy. It is a Q-Sonic Slim-Remote II (also described as an eDio Slim type remote control) which I picked up a while ago really cheap. The bundled IR-receiver and remote are both labelled IR 507. Does support for this remote already exist and if so, how can I do it? If it doesn't, is it possible that it can somehow be implemented?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Neil

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hi, a quick google search shows this is an x10 remote. You can try downloading the recommended drivers from snapstream (a link is in the config program) and enabling x10 remote support and choosing other.

Neptuni

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 17, 2007
    Linkoping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Neil,

and-81 is working on support for the IR507 receiver in the IR Server Suite, and I'm helping him to test some code to get it working. Please look in this thread and this also.

Hopefuly it's the same remote and in that case it would probably help him to have another tester for his code.
    And I don't think that's its an X10 remote, just a remote to control applications on a pc, but a very neat one...

/Mikael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom