QAM Channels are not being recognized by Schedules Direct (1 Viewer)

JimMorrison

Portal Member
February 2, 2009
I am receiving working over-the-air QAM channels but Schedules Direct is not recognizing them. I have SD recognizing all my analog channels, but it does not seem to recognize where or what the QAM channels are. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tnx.

JVasile

February 14, 2009
right there with you on this. its on my last nerve because i only know whats on via the analog channel and i cant schedule anything to record.

WalkmanAA

Portal Pro
January 5, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am receiving working over-the-air QAM channels but Schedules Direct is not recognizing them.

I'm assuming you mean you are getting qam channels off of cable because over the air channels wouldn't be qam. For me I had analog cable channels and clear qam channels from my cable connection.

The way I mapped the qam channels was to change the scanned channel number to the channel for the digital cable listings in my area. Then I enabled force matching by channel number in schedules direct plugin.

JimMorrison

Portal Member
February 2, 2009
Walkman, do you think you could walk us through this process? It seems like you might know what you're doing when detecting Over-The-Air HD channels connecting with Schedules Direct and I would love to pick your brain about it. Perhaps you could PM a message name u use. Tnx in advance.

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    He's giving you info on QAM setup, because you mentioned QAM, but like he said QAM is digital cable. Over-the-air is ATSC. Which are you looking to do QAM or over the air?

If you're looking to do ATSC, then just scan your channels, add an antenna lineup for your area on SD, & then rename your scanned ATSC channels in TV server to exactly match the names of the ones on SD that you want to get listings for.

Next time SD grabs, it should associate the scanned channels with the ones from your OTA lineup, by channel name. That's the way I've done it.

JimMorrison

Portal Member
    February 2, 2009
    x4mer,

This seems to be in the right direction with what is happening. So, if I find 'WCCO-DT' for example, rename that channel to '433 WCCODT'?

Also, the lineup I am getting from SD is 'Comcast Digital Cable'. Does that make a difference?

I'm thinking this might work. I am going to have to try it at home. Tnx.:D

JVasile

February 14, 2009
    renamed channel

this if from sched direct
    this it my QAM channel 434WSVNDT
    this is my analog chan 7WSVN

i renamed the channel in the tv server to be listed EXACLTY as SD is listed and still nothing shows up

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Jim,

Since you still haven't clarified, are you using ATSC over-the-air, or digital cable QAM for reception?

JV,

You've got the channel name and number listed together as one phrase in your post. That is not how the channels appear on SD. They list the channel number, followed by the channel name (or call letters).

When renaming to match SD, you only change the name. Ignore the channel number, as it is not part of the name. Changing the channel number field in the TV server, will cause the tuner card to tune to the wrong frequency.

JimMorrison

Portal Member
    February 2, 2009
    I'm scanning for QAM, but they come up as ATSC in my channel listing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom