QAM DVICO FusionHDTV5 Lite Support? (1 Viewer)

kurt880

April 20, 2006
Hi,
I couldn't seem to find the answer to this when searching the forums. Does mediaportal support QAM using a DVICO Fusion5 card?

Thanks

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you have one of these cards please try the latest SVN release of TVServer.

DMAN

sledgeweb

November 1, 2007
    I also have this card and am seeking QAM ATSC support. I installed the RC3 build, and updated to the latest snapshot. I'm not sure if that is the TVSERVER snapshot you mention above?

When I go to the config, and scan channels, it only scans 1-69 (I think it should go higher). Signal strength bar is 100% on all, but signal quality is 0%. As far as I can tell, it doesn't pick up any channels.

Is it possible to get QAM channels via Fusion HDTV5 Lite in MP?

sledgeweb

November 1, 2007
    Ah, ok. Well, I went through the lengthy setup process, and here is where I'm at.

When I open the config, I have the following under TV-SERVER:
    Media-Center:
    Fusion BDA Tuner
    Hauppauge Tuner
    Fusion Analog ATSC WDM Tuner

(I only have one fusion card, but I suppose it breaks it into analog and bda)

Ok, first of all, as with other apps, the hauppauge card works fine (150mce). I do a channel scan and get 1-98. Which are the analog channels my cable provides.

Both FUSION scans find no channels. For the BDA (digital) tuner entry, I tried every QAM setting, with and without that box ticked that says the card supports QAM. The analog Fusion tuner just doesn't find anything when it scans.

I'd love to get this working. Is there anything I can do to help? Upload any logs or anything. Just tell me what to do and I'll do it.

I did not install the following because I don't think they apply (let me know if I'm wrong):

Firewire hotfix (if you upgraded to SP2 and use FireWire devices)
    BDA hotfix (if you want to use more than one DVB-BDA card with WindowsXP or if the channelscan is crashing.)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    sledgeweb

Please try the latest TVServer build for me and then post your tv.log after scanning your QAM channels.
    You have to use the Fusion BDA Tuner when using ATSC.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    what SVN build was that?
    Your TV Graph is not building... maybe something is using your card already???

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread