Question about combination of TV channels (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

Well I am setting up mediaportal 1.1.2 on my computer and am still in the configuration stage for the TV server. I have two TV capture cards. One is an analog card and the other is a hybrid card that can split the signal and has two receivers on it. This card will capture both analog and QAM signals. I am hooked up to cable. I have done a scan for clear QAM channels and analog channels and know which channels are for which stations now. I am wondering if I need to now combin the same channels somehow.

For example. FOX is carried on Channel 11 (analog) and also on 3 different QAM frequencies (LCN 98, Frequency 109250, Transport 603, Service ID 6, PmtPid 3984 and LCN 99, Frequency 109275, Transport 603, Service ID 6, PmtPid 3984) and in high definition (LCN 107, Frequency 685250, Transport 635, Service ID 1, PmtPid 3904).

How do I combin these channels. It seems like I need to combind the analog channels from the two different cards, but do I need to also combine the channels that are on the same card given that it had 2 receivers? Do I also combind the same channels but that are on different frequencies?

Thanks
    Steve

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there nzdreamer

That can be done. I think what you want is in TV Server configuration under "TV Channels"->"TV Combinations".

1. Select a channel that you want to combine in the left pane.
    2. Select all the duplicates in the right pane.
    3. Click combine.
    4. Repeat 1-3 for all channels you want to combine.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the help. It was a little tricky as I it didn't always have the all the channels that I wanted to combine but after cycling through all of the cards it seem to have worked out.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom