Question about moving movies around.. and database? (1 Viewer)

i2ambler

Portal Member
February 4, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey folks, I just got into the htpc thing - and am for now just using mediaportal as a front end for movies and music. TV/pvr will come later. Im curious about the movie/music database. Say i move a batch of movies to another location (from one drive to another, or replace a drive, or whatever) do I just "rescan" all of my videos to get the database pointing to the proper locations? Is there a way to do this without it re-grabbing all of the movie info? (Since alot of my flicks arent found easily when scanning)

On another note- sometimes it will freeze if I try to play a movie when listing by name... always works great when listing by share. Im also having some difficulty with DVDs.. but i will get into that another time. :)

dandirk

Portal Member
January 29, 2007
I have just started to setup my MP system. From the tinkering of the Movies DB I have done, I am fairly certain you would have to manually remove each movie, then reimport. It should skip the download of images because MP caches and saves those to reuse but info would still need to be tweaked.

I would setup a 1 movie directory and try it... Should make the import quick and easy...

Or you could just rebuild the whole thing, I am with you not a great solution.

Another possibility would just use the Shares view since this just displays off of directory structure (again not a wonderful option)

Not sure about the freezing... Does it freeze when you play the movie or just looking through the list? What video card do you have? I was having an issue with screens freezing as I was looking through my movies. Found out it was an ATI X1200 driver issues that still has not been resolved. Though there was a work around through MP...

i2ambler

Portal Member
February 4, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It looks like its not really freezing.. its the theme that i was using .. Project Mayhem III seems to be having problems displaying the little picture of 2 discs when i have a multiple file movie.. :( double sad. I love that theme too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom