question about plugin that convert format? (1 Viewer)

rickyman

Portal Pro
February 5, 2008
is there any plugin that you can convert tv recording shows to divx or hdtv format?

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
there is a built in part in the normal TV plugin but it only supports one perticular comercial encoder (and then probably doesn't work). ther is no other plugin as far as I know but it may be possable to use the my programs to send a file to an external encoder that takes a command line (if you can find such a program).

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No it a freestanding service, you can set it to convert after x days and only between x hrs, So stuff you want to keep, just dont delete it until after the x days set (worth checking it has done it first and maybe have the convert too folder added to Movies or TVSeries plugin).
    i've use the h.264 format with its built in comskip and seems to work well.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    looks good but is there some way to make it look in all my tv series folders and put the converted files back over the originals so they will still work with my TV?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Once you convert them, they will be unavailable in TV (once you have deleted the original ts recording), You would need to add to movies if a film, or use the MyTVSeries plugin if its a TV episode.

I would not write back to where a original file is stored, just not good practice.

mrkaras

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Probably does all that rickyman wants, but not quite what I'm after. Might still be usefull anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it. I am using a centrally configured system, meaning that some configuration files are stored centrally and are not overridden when installing new versions. It would seem that 1.31 had a change in...
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it...
    Since I installed 1.31 .wtv files display in the top left-hand quadrant of the screen instead of the whole screen. Is this a known...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
    Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom