Question about the flexibility of filenames. (1 Viewer)

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No it is not. It is freeware and can be found following this link -> MKV Buddy - Tool to help handling of Videos

The thread is about MKV-Buddy but this is discontinued and Media-Buddy is the successor because it will handle .nfo files and fanart download also for music files at one point.

For episodes of seasons please group them in subfolders S00, S01, S02, S02 etc. S00 are the special episodes, S01 are the episodes of season 1 etc.

Files need at least the designation e.g. S00E01 for episode 1 of the specials, S01E01 for episode 1 of season 1 etc.

Cheers

Blue Max

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I even didn't know the "other" Media Buddy up to now. My tool is free and it will always stay free. And it's named Media-Buddy (see the - )
    You can do many things with it. The most advances feature are the wizards, something you won't find anywhere else. Here you can recode or remux (depending on the file size, resolution and codec) any type of video to MKV, add fanart and nfo to the videos and also rename them after a given naming scheme. All this for a whole bunch of videos with one single mouse click. But you also can add ,nfo and/or fanart to nearly every type of video without touching the video file itself. Even for videos that are not movies or series (home made videos, documentary, sports,...) Media-Buddy can automatically add .nfo and fanart (made from various still images out of the video) without the need to do anything by hand. Aside this it can transcode nearly any type of video to mp4 or mkv and/or remux nearly any type of video to mkv. It can (try to) repair damaged .mkv videos, it can extract tracks (video, audio, subtitles, chapters,...) from a .mkv video, it can rename 3D .mkv to the correct extension .mk3d and tag it with the correct stereoscopic mode and you can (batch-) convert nearly all audio files to .mp3 or .flac or .wav.

A future 1.0 version also will be able to create .nfo and download fanart for music (artist fanart and .nfo, album fanart and .nfo). But this part isn't ready now. Once this is done you can import any media into MP2 without any online lookup at all. On MP1 you can't use the created .nfo for series as TVSeries plugin didn't support .nfo.

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Essentially I named my specials whet was shown in the specials link in thetvdb, e.g. if a doctor who Xmas special was called episode 18 in the specials section. I renamed it S00E18.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I've still got a bit of work ahead of me
    Yes, but once you've done this work you will never got any issues matching your videos in any HTPC software again. Good prepared media makes it an easy task to recognize and import them correctly into MP, Kodi, Plex, Emby,...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom