Questions about TV-server Management Console (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've been using the built in TV section in 0.2.3.0 (with my Analog Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II TVTuner card) and the upgrade forced me to use the TV server (which I'm sure when I get used to using will be superior).

This far, I've run into some unpleasent snags and have questions:

1. What does "Tuner Locked" mean and does it make any difference what the mode is while scanning for channels using Tuner?

2. For analog cable TV (I have my TV connected to my provider using basic analog TV wire), do I use Cable or Antenna for best results (meaning that the tuner finds ALL my channels)?

3. And does increasing the sensitivity mean it finds more channels or less (more badly tuned ones / less, but correctly tuned ones)?

4. I scanned using the tuner and now I've found some channels (18), when I rename them to their correct name in TV Channels section (which shows only 15 channels) and restart the app, the names have reverted. Very irritating, hopefully a bug. (It does make xmltv-mapping problematic.) Or do I have to rename them elsewhere (Like, running MediaPortal)?

5. If I rescan using the tuner, the new channels the tuner finds does not show up in the TV Channels list. Why not? A bug? Or is there some secret I should know about?

6. If I press "Export" while in TV Channels section I get a popup saying how everything is saved in "export.xml". Where is this file located? As when I press "Import" I'm asked to browse to it.

Everything else works very well. Thank you.
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom