Questions about using a USA MCE remote (1 Viewer)

prophetx2

Portal Member
March 28, 2006
Hi I recently purchased a USA MCE remote and for the most part mediaportal works great with it! It actually works smoother and better than using the mouse -=)

In anycase, there's one thing I couldnt' figure out. When watching a video you can click the "back" button. This will shrink the video to the lower left hand side while bringing up whatever navigation screen you want. How do you bring the video back up to full screen after doing this? Currently i have to use my mouse to 'click' the video so that it brings it back to full size. Using a remote the only thing I can do is press the stop button and then go back to the video and press play again.

Other than that everything is great!

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    i used to have the same prob (with the remote's EU-version though).

just tap on "live TV" on your remote respectivly go to the MyTV section of MP. Then you just have to tap on right to activate the big preview screen and "enter / ok" to be back in fullscreen video.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    the red button on the EU MCE remote...

For the original question don't know it there is a better way. I think dev are working on a better way of handling event send from RC so it should be configurable in a near future.

prophetx2

Portal Member
    March 28, 2006
    thank you guys very much, i'll test this once i get home after work! I hope programmable events come in soon. For instance, I do not use live tv so replacing that button to pop the screen backup would be helpful.

Reies

Portal Member
    February 3, 2005
    San Joaquin Valley, California, USA
    Reies said:
    one of the reason why i went with the euro version of the mce remote.

another thing i found annoying with the US version was the fact that on dvd you cant change the aspect ratio, with a regular mpeg file if you press "dvd menu" you get the menu which allows you to change, but with a dvd, if you press the button it takes you to the dvd main menu page.

maybe i couldnt figure it out.

prophetx2

Portal Member
    March 28, 2006
    as much as i like the euro version of the remote, i couldn't pass up this deal. I got the MCE remote for 20 usd shipped on ebay.

Once events are programmable i don't see the big problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom