Questions from a newbie - codecs, touchscreen (1 Viewer)

stavdav

Portal Member
January 15, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am setting up a mini itx with a touchscreen for a standard "kitchen jukebox" arrangement.

It is understrength by Mediaportal requirements (1.2Ghz) but as I'm not using TV functionality I thought it might get away with running Mediaportal.

My questions are:

1.) I installed the k-lite codec pack and videos play in WMP but MP says it can't play divx, I've looked at the settings and it should be using the ffd. Do I need to install codecs for MP to run specifically?

b.) Side question less important. I installed Karaoke for Directx, WMP plays them fine, Media Center won't and neither will MP. Anyone have any experience with this?

2.) I am using a 15" touchscreen monitor. Two issues I've come across: 1.) The menu scrolls when I press above or below the centre, it would be better if there was a click arrow to move up and down or more options on the initial screen. 2.) How do I move back without pressing ESC (probably simple but I don't know).

Is there a skin or plugin that could help my navigating problem?

I am willing to research solutions and fiddle for hours to get there, I'm just asking for a nudge.

From the short time I have been reading and using MP I have found it to have some brilliant programming and ideas involved.

Thanks for reading this far and thanks for any help you could provide.

dobyken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 8, 2009
    Florida Gulf Coast
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    For your codec issues take a look at DaMaster's setup guide. It's here somewhere but I usually view it in the HTPC thread at AVSForum.

I have a similar but use a tablet in the kitchen with MP in another room connected to my AV receiver. I use the vindows client of the MPProntoPro plugin to control music played on the receiver's 2nd zone which has speakers in the kitchen and outside by the pool. You're a little different in that you're using a monitor and not a tablet so you would need to run the tablet on top of MediaPortal. I've read a few places that most people are using the Monochrome skin with tablets. I quick search on google also found this TouchScreen plugin but I have never tried it and don't know if it's been updated for 1.1beta.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/external-display-115/touchscreen-lcd-display-plugin-32380/

stavdav

Portal Member
    January 15, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the info. I will check out the guide.

I downloaded Monochrome but there wasn't a 4:3 version so I hesitated trying it it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom