Questions regarding scheduler and a few other things (1 Viewer)

JohnFish

Portal Member
December 15, 2007
TV-Server Version: 3.0 (Build 01-18-2008--05-08h--Rev17086)
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Windows XP Media Center 2002 (SP2)
CPU Type: Intel Pentium-D 2.8ghz
HDD: 250gb
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Nvidia 6600
Video Card Driver: Forceware 169.21
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Hotbird 13.0
HTPC Case: Sony XL100
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE remote
TV: Sony 32S3020
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi all. I am having some problems scheduling the recording of programs in media portal. I schedule a recording and put the pc on standby. I have checked that 'wake up' option in the powerscheduler plugin yet it still stays on stand by. is there no way to make it wake up, record the program and the go back to stand by?

another thing, if i schedule two overlapping programs should i get a warning for a conflict? cause i dont get anything.

Also, is there any way to record when playing back a time shifted item? Like when i rewind back for a minute and want to record the next 10 seconds. is this possible? Another thing regarding timeshifting is that i was wondering if there is a way to return to the current time (instead of the past). For instance if i rewind back 10 minutes. How can i go back to whats is shown now?

finally, I am trying to find a way to copy a dvd on hard disk and, ideally, access it through myfilms plugin to achieve something similar to my moves in MCE. Is there anything available for this?

Thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all. I am having some problems scheduling the recording of programs in media portal. I schedule a recording and put the pc on standby. I have checked that 'wake up' option in the powerscheduler plugin yet it still stays on stand by. is there no way to make it wake up, record the program and the go back to stand by?

Hopefully you mean MP puts the pc into standby using the powerscheduler plugin (needs to be enabled), usually from the homescreen with nothing playing.

If you put pc to sleep with the mce remote or gui standby, MP cannot wake up for recording.

if i schedule two overlapping programs should i get a warning for a conflict? cause i dont get anything

Possibly not as you have 2 TV cards, and either of the channels are available, also you are using TVE3, so multiple channels can be recorded, 2 cards x 4-6 channels per mux, means upto 12 simultaneous programs.

The ok button watching live tv will give you the channels now and next GUI, the normal coloured channels are available on the mux you are watching\recording.

finally, I am trying to find a way to copy a dvd on hard disk

As complete DVD or just movie file, for complete a lot of people rip and save as a iso image file, which daemontools can load for use in MP, doom9 will give you more info on this sort of thing (ripping that is, no links please guys, googles your friend).

JohnFish

Portal Member
    December 15, 2007
    why cant mp wake up otherwise? how in earth will i explain the wife how to work out this thing, since we are all used to using remotes all these years...

also, i dont understand. how is it posible to record two programs received from the same card at the same time?

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi JohnFish

I guess that you have enabled the Powerscheduler plugin in the TV Server and the client plugin in MediaPortal, as both are required.

Theoretically you should have been able to standby singleseat using the remote button since SVN 16993

(https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/untested-nightly-builds-197/tvengine3-snapshot-01-11-2008-01-08h-revision-16993-a-33782/)

However, I must admit I haven't checked this as I have been used to ensuring TV is stopped and leaving MediaPortal on the home screen. The PowerScheduler plugins on my HTPC are set to hibernate after 5 minutes and this has worked fine, with the PC waking up for every scheduled recording. Ocassionally (about once a month on average) it does fail to hibernate although normally this is when it has woken up to run WebEPG.

With regard to overlapping items, as Ray has said, I believe with TV Server, if the channels are on the same multiplex (for DVB-T) or transponder (DVB-S) a single card can record any of these channels simultaneously.
    As an example, in the UK on DVB-S, BBC1 London, BBC1 NI, BBC2 England, BBC3, BBC4, BBC News 24, CBeebies and CBBC are all on one transponder. I could therefore record a program on BBC1, BBC2, BBC3 and BBC4 all at the same time and it would only use one DVB-S card leaving my other one free for other programs.

Mew

JohnFish

Portal Member
    December 15, 2007
    So you are saying that if i do the following:

1) Enable powerscheduler plugin
    2) Record a program in the future
    3) Stop MyTV
    4) set the pc to hibernate through either the remote control or the media portal top menu

then media portal will wake up and record the scheduled program???

Thanks

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi JohnFish

I am saying that if you do the following:

1) Enable and configure both the Powerscheduler plugin in TV Server and the client PowerScheduler plugin in MediaPortal
    2) Schedule to record a program in the future
    3) Go to the Home Screen (not Basic Home) and stop live TV (I press the windows button and then stop on my MCE remote)

then media portal will hibernate after the configured time and wake up and record the scheduled program (well it does for me).

or possibly (although I am not sure of this)
    3) Stop MyTV (I assume you need to do this)
    4) set the pc to hibernate through either the remote control or the media portal top menu

This change is what is documented to have been enabled in the SVN from 10th January 2008. I must say I haven't noticed any posts saying it doesn't work but I don't know how carefully people look at the change logs to know that this has been implemented.
    I also don't know if you need to be in the Home Screen or not when you hibernate as I haven't seen any supporting instructions.

Sorry but I don't think I can be much more help about manual hibernating until I try it (I ought to test it on a non-critical recording).

Mew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom