Quick and automated DVD tipping (to Video-TS)

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by revs, September 4, 2008.

1. revs
    • Premium Supporter

revs MP Donator

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Home Country:
    Wales Wales
    Does anyone have any ideas on how best to quickly and easily rip a few hundered DVDs to Video-TS folders.

What id really like is to insert a DVD, have it rip automatically, and then be ejected when finished. Even better - eject straight away if already ripped.

Thanks!

oh, and something that can ignore certain audio tracks would be a bonus (i.e. all i need is the 5.1 English track)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rusten

rusten Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a "batch mode" in one of the new DVDShrink alternatives. I think it is limited to 15 at a shot, but it may help you out.

Problem is, off the top of my head I cannot remember which of the following tools offer it. Therefore, I'll send you all four and hopefully you'll get the benefit of the comparisons:

It's either DVDFab PLATINUM (not the free version, but the Platinum, that's key), DVD Rebuilder, DVD2One, or Nero Recode. These are all the newest/best version of DVD rippers for those that need an alternative to Shrink. Some, for example, Nero Record, would require AnyDVD as the sidekick.

HTH!

4. revs
    • Premium Supporter

revs MP Donator

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Home Country:
    Wales Wales
    I'll check it out.

Turns out its not been as bad as I thought it would - I have a laptop next to the sofa, and I'm using DVDFab. I''m just putting in a dvd and leaving it rip to an external HD while I watch TV. Once the HD is full i'll transfer it all over to the HTPC.

So at least the HTPC isnt affected while I rip.

5. deebo

deebo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    AnyDVD + DVDDecrypter

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!