Quick-n-Dirty Interface to Homeseer (1 Viewer)

zswman

Portal Pro
April 23, 2006
Mountain View, CA USA
Here's a gude to a simple, quick MP interface to Homeseer. This method provides control functions/inputs to Homeseer via calls to devices, events and scripts; it takes advantage of a program called HSC downloadable from the Homeseer (HS) site here http://homeseer.com/downloads/index.htm. This program only works on HS v1.7 and below, but there have been discussion on the HS boards about an equivalent for v2.0 - take a look if you are determined to use v2.0. The other piece of the puzzle is "My Programs." What this method does is configure My Programs to call HSC with pre-defined device commands, event and scripts - then I do some editing to the various xml and png files used by MP to completely hide the fact that I am using My Programs. I also added some icons I found in the HS installation directories.

Here's the link. .. and here's a screen-shot from the finished product:

mp2.jpg

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
June 20, 2005
Norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
good idea. The x10 program that can be used with mediaportal is not so advanced and I can't have homeseer and the MP program running at the same time, so this looks like a nice solution.

juan pablo

Portal Member
October 11, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is this great plugin still being maintained? Id like to see it updated to use the latest version(s) of Homeseer.

Anyone know if this is still in development?

:D

zswman

Portal Pro
April 23, 2006
Mountain View, CA USA
This is not a standalone plugin for Homeseer, but a means of using the "My Programs" plugin with the Homeseer program/executable "HSC." Setting up My Programs with a call to HSC provides the link between MP and Homeseer. Now if someone could embed something like HSC directly into MP, that would be great. If you're interested in this stuff, take a look here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...bsc_enabled-t13929.html?t=13929&highlight=XAP

Cerbera79

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 26, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Total Newb Question.

Hi,

My name is Michael. Long time listener, first time caller. :p

So here's my dumb question: If you can control Homeseer with MediaPortal, wouldn't you be able to control Z-wave devices with HomeSeer doing the translation?

Thanks,
    Michael
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom