quick question for rtv! (thumbnails) (1 Viewer)

zombiepig

Portal Pro
March 21, 2005
Melb, Aus
Home Country
Hey rtv - I really like the changes you've made with picture thumbnails in the latest svn's. I'm just wondering if there's any plans to filter these changes through to the music thumbnails?

(i saw a mention of it in the changelog, but can't work out how to active/use it)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Music needs more work - I'll think about a concept of caching the folder thumbs too to get a real great speedup.

Currently on database scanning and NowPlaying downloads the thumbs are created like they are for MyPics (small&large thumb, using the small for listcontrols).

Unfortunately you'd have to delete all your thumbs (at least those that are far from ~ 4kb) to get a benefit of that. Nevertheless those settings also apply for MP's rendering because images are scaled matching the skin controls often.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    ok - i tried deleting my all the cached thumbs, then ran a music db scan (both from within mp and within config) but only get one file per album in the thumbs folder, and it's a direct copy of the corresponding folder.jpg . working perfectly for pictures though :p am i doing something wrong, or would you like a log file/more info?

i'm pretty excited about this new feature - i tend to store ridiculously huge scans of my cover art as folder.jpg and this slows down mp browsing a lot. so an automated feature for resizing the thumbnails definetly sounds great to me!! :D

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    today's svn should be faster for shares view, too - please re-scan the database first! (This will populate your thumbs\folder directory)

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MediaPortal MyMusic
    07/12/2006 [13:20h] rtv added: added completely local thumb handling to speed up browsing in "shares view". Re-scan your database to build up the thumb cache!

uhmm RTV, i tried the SVN and rescanned the database.

all my music is in shares and every share has a folder.jpg.

Now after the rescan, no thumbs a visable when browsing thru the shares view :)

Am I doing something wrong ?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    okay - using latest svn you still do not have covers?

Were they added to your thumbs\folder directory? Any suspicious configuration.log entries after scanning?

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    hey rtv - just letting you know that with the latest svn i'm getting correctly cached thumbs for shares view with music. it's an awesome speed increase and has made the shares view very responsive. great work :D

two questions i've got now...
    - it seems like it's using the smaller thumbnail for the filmstrip view? is this expected at the moment?
    - artists and folder thumbnails are now working correctly, with both small and Large thumbnails present. But i'm still only seeing one unresized image in the albums folder. is this still a work in progress, a bug, or are there no plans to change this yet? :p

once again, love your work :)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Still work in progress - best goal would be a behaviour similiar to MyPictures where the listcontrol uses the large album art for filmstrips only - and only then. I'm also thinking about a way to "import" coverart, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom