[solved] Quick way of debugging? (1 Viewer)

Mat Walker

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Guys,

Another possible Ex-WMC convert! I'm moving to MP as WMC is a pain for more than one machine (have a living room machine, but now want bedroom, snug and rumpus). Have quite liked WMC as it just worked and did the job; it had its restrictions and MS weirdnesses but - and the main point - was easy to use and stable and just did the job.

However, want more than one instance and share recordings/libraries and it is a pain (killing processes, deleting libraries, restarting UI uck!!). So have joined the growing ranks of MediaPortal aficionado's :)

It really is a heavyweight piece of kit and someone has done a lot of work!! First Impressions are very positive; wipes WMC into far-behind second place.... Took me a while to work out how the components fit together (server/client/skins/plugins/etc/...) but getting there (unfortunate other half has given me 3 weeks to evaluate and make sure it can be used easily by all; family not tech-savvy! And blond lol).

My current stumbling block is that the GUI locks up; seemingly randomly. IR LED flashes, keyboard/mouse work on non-MPGUI (IE. Alt-Tab to desktop) but MP does nothing. This occures on a local client as well as remote client and can only be fixed by killing the client process (in Task Manager) and restarting; CPU is about 13/14% and normal memory usage, when it locks up.

I realise it could be many things that is causing it (including user finger trouble lol!!) so I thought I'd ask what the easiest/quickest way of debug is (IE. What debug settings and where the most interesting logs are....)?

Thanks guys (for all the hard work done so far!); hope I'm able to help in some way (donation being made :))

Mat

Mat Walker

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks mm :) (I hate being a noob at stuff - kinda like being back a square one, 'whats a computer' lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom