Quiet DVD-Recorder unit (1 Viewer)

Program.X

Portal Pro
October 25, 2005
Ramsey, Isle of Man
Hi,

Nearly finished my HTPC set-up. Any suggestions for a quiet DVD Recorder? Is this LabelScribe worth it? Is it possible to get region free devices?

Any help, much appreciated.

Judaz

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
Trondheim
Home Country
Norway Norway
Program.X said:
Hi,

Nearly finished my HTPC set-up. Any suggestions for a quiet DVD Recorder? Is this LabelScribe worth it? Is it possible to get region free devices?

Any help, much appreciated.

If you haven't got one already, I've tried Aopen, Samsung, NEC and BenQ for my system. As I work as a computer reseller I have access to a lot of hardware, and the BenQ DW1640/1650 is probaby the best unit i have tried. Low noise level, bearly audible in normal DVD playback, fast and low access times.

- Judaz -

snewman

Portal Member
January 30, 2006
Australia
I can second that recommendation for the Benq writers.

After looking around the forums for advice I purchased a DW1650 and I'm very happy with it.

Sounds like a harrier jumpjet taking off when you're installing software (very quick though) but when playing DVDs its quieter than my appliance DVD players (LG and Sony).

I haven't used the LightScribe feature yet - haven't bothered to get the media.

--

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install and I'm just using to blast channels to a Scientific Atlanta STB thats being decoded by an HDPVR. Everything works perfectly, but after some time (less than a day), it starts having an issue where the...
Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install...
Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install...
Replies
Views
https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-5113
https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-5113
I am trying to configure the TV Server for the first time, without success. It picks up the dual DVB-T tuners but when I try to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 PiP audio problem DE
I was with TeamViewer on his PC and could see the issues myself. I think it worked sometimes, if the rpogram had only 1 audio stream, but never with multiple audio streams. On my PC I tried to reproduce it and it always worked as expected. LAV is set everywhere and we tried with WASAPI and DirectSound, it makes no difference...
I was with TeamViewer on his PC and could see the issues myself. I think it worked sometimes, if the rpogram had only 1 audio...
Still trying to solve this: I get no audio from the second picture in PiP mode. Log files of my attempting to do so are attached...
Replies
Views
Having an issue with motion menu when paying a DVD in media portal. I have my movies ripped to VTS folders with VOB files, when I play a movie it will start playing the menu and either freeze at the start having ne to restart my PC to clear the issue or the video wll play out of sync with the audio. I must me missing something and I...
Having an issue with motion menu when paying a DVD in media portal. I have my movies ripped to VTS folders with VOB files, when I...
Having an issue with motion menu when paying a DVD in media portal. I have my movies ripped to VTS folders with VOB files, when I...
Replies
Views
You could try using the UNC paths for the timeshift and record folders. On the client machine go to MediaPortal configuration - TV/Radio - Advanced Options tick the UNC paths tick box and put the network paths for timeshift and record folders in the appropriate lines and click OK.
You could try using the UNC paths for the timeshift and record folders. On the client machine go to MediaPortal configuration -...
I am not new to MediaPortal, but this is the first time I have set up a client on a PC other than the PC with the TV Server. I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom