Quiet PSU and CPU HSF (1 Viewer)

danzx2

Portal Pro
May 25, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I'd like to get a new PSU that is as quiet as possible. Around the 500w mark with at least 4 SATA connections for an ATX board/case. Does anyone have any first hand experience?

I'd also like to replace the stock cooler on my dual core 2.4 intel 775 socket HSF. Again has anyone any recommendations?

Thanks

Dan

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    SPCR has good sections on recommended quiet gear.

I've got an old Seasonic 430W that i'm going to replace with a new 560W Seasonic X-560FL. They are good but not cheap. Old one I've had for 4 years, very quiet, but want a modular one with a bit more power. Probably relegate it to my server box.

Got an Antec one in my HTPC that I never really hear with, that's been good too (and cheaper than the Seasonic ones)

Scythe Shuriken is supposed to be good cooler; got a Shuriken Quiet Low Profile CPU in the HTPC as well, very quite, good cooling. Depends what room you have in your case really and how much you want to spend.

danzx2

Portal Pro
    May 25, 2011
    Home Country
    Got a large case so space is not a problem. I'd spend about £60ish on a PSU and £30ish on a HSF.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Got a large case so space is not a problem. I'd spend about £60ish on a PSU and £30ish on a HSF.

I recently purchased one from Novatech, and it is nice and quiet, as well as being stable. I am pretty sure I was told that they are rebranded coolermaster (or similar reliable manufacturer).

Novatech PowerStation Gaming 600W Silent ATX2 Modular Power Supply

this is also modular, so you only need install the cables you are going to use.

For coolers and suchlike, I tend to use Quiet PC - this is their speciality, so you can expect good product knowledge. I have been buying from them for years without any problems.

Mark

sblue84

November 3, 2011
    Virginia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    CPU Cooler: I use Scythe SCKZT-1000. Silent.

PSU: I have an EarthWatts Green EA-380D by Antec. I use it because the fanless Seasonic 400W I bought was too deep in conjunction with my BD-ROM to fit in the case. The Antec not silent, but it is very quiet. The Seasonic is now in another CPU built and is doing well. If space isn't an option, and 400W will do, I highly reccomend it. It's modular, has your required SATA capability (5, 3+2), and is, well SILENT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom