Qustion for developer, regarding search in M, MP (1 Viewer)

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is it possible to make it so one can search like spelling the name.

As if this is possible im going to req it in the req form.
    but im not going to is this is not even possible.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This will be added in a future version. When support for parsing the info (title, actor, genre etc.) and sorting through custom views is added, search is probably going to be a part of this.

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Weeee thanks looking forward to this, its a bit, naa its real hard right now to fint what im looking for :(
    have 950 movies, and thy are listed in one big mess :(

Thanks for info. looking forward to the update..

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Up untill real filtering is introduced you can navigate the list easily if you have a remote (or use the numeric part of the keyboard), finding a movie is as simple as pressing in the name on the numeric buttons (2 = abc, 3 = def .. etc..). This "search filter" will clear out everything from the list that doesn't contain the possible combinations ( without you having to press the numbers twice to get to a specific letter) If you want to experience how this works take a look at mytrailers - Google Code (My Trailers) plugin. The "search filter" is already implemented in the plugin navigation. also many mobile phones implement this trick for navigating through your contacts. ;)

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Up untill real filtering is introduced you can navigate the list easily if you have a remote (or use the numeric part of the keyboard), finding a movie is as simple as pressing in the name on the numeric buttons (2 = abc, 3 = def .. etc..). This "search filter" will clear out everything from the list that doesn't contain the possible combinations ( without you having to press the numbers twice to get to a specific letter) If you want to experience how this works take a look at mytrailers - Google Code (My Trailers) plugin. The "search filter" is already implemented in the plugin navigation. also many mobile phones implement this trick for navigating through your contacts. ;)

thanks but that's not right.
    as the list is listen after Sort Title :(
    and the Jump via press botton on rmote like jump to T, will just jump to first T movie.

and movie called The Angry Dane.
    willl be listet under: A
    But title under A will be: The angry Dane.
    = press T on remote and Jump to movie "The Angry Dane"
    listed as the 4 movie in my list LOL

So its worthless, completely untill some one updates the tool to list movies: by Movie name!
    or list movies, and show movies names the same way as you list them.

so listing efter movie name will list all movies like the movie name is!
    so listing after sort name will list movie name same as sort name is set.
    like The angry Dane = Angry Dane, The.. or wwhat ever strange way this works LOL

thanks for trying tho..
    i still cant find anything, i have to scoll down, and look at almost all 950 movies to find the one im looking for. as thy are all one big mess

On a note, sure i can edit the Sort name back to: the Angry Dane
    for all movies thet has driffrent sort name, then real name.

but would take me DAYS... and be a waste of time..
    Moving Pictures dudes will fix the problems soon weeeee :).. i hope... :)
    But any way its cool, love the plugin, and will just wait til the update comes out..

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Little misunderstanding.. it's NOT in the current release of Moving Pictures but it will be in the next. It's currently available in the My Trailers plugin for you to try out if you want. What you are describing is how lists are handled by default (by MediaPortal).

If you want 'The Angry Dane' with our filter you just have to press: 2-6-5-7-9 (=ANGRY) or 3-2-6-3 (= DANE) or any other part of the name ;)
    And you'll probably see your movie on the third press already. There's no jumping in the list.. the list gets smaller which each press.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If you want 'The Angry Dane' with our filter you just have to press: 2-6-5-7-9 (=ANGRY) or 3-2-6-3 (= DANE) or any other part of the name ;)
    And you'll probably see your movie on the third press already. There's no jumping in the list.. the list gets smaller which each press.
    I gotta try this, sounds great. I only thought you could press a button to go to the first letter (4 presses on button "7" would go to the first movie with the letter "s"), but I never understood why this wasnt working.

This sounds like a great way to do it, although it's not very logical if people are not aware of it.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    To explain further... if you happen to have Firefox 3.x browser installed just type something in the adressbar and see how it lists urls you have typed previously.. it's just like that but with your movie list instead of urls ;)

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yeahh i do understand, thats the way to do it for sure :)
    i just installed: My Trailers, as that sounds like a cool plugin to..
    But it dos not work?
    i can see it, but not config it.
    if i go in to it, nothing happens, like just a empty movie poster place, and some sorting options i think, but i cant select those.
    the only thing i can do it return to menu, and do some thing else, like see a movie or tv ep :)

thanks for the tips, and the hard work.. :)

BTW: i wonder if its not working as im using Indego skinn?

Users who are viewing this thread