r.slideshow button in music playlist menu (1 Viewer)

Neville

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
In the "digital photo age it is great to throw up a slideshow on the telly when listening to MP for music.
At the moment I create a playlist and then navigate to my pictures and click on r.slideshow to show stuff while playing.

I have a simple request (that may not be so simple!) from my "media center" days - does anyone know how to put an extra button on the music playlist menu that would start up a random slide-show i.e. the equivalent of clicking "my pictures" on the home menu and then "menu> R.slideshow" This would then allow me to start a slide show from the "music menu"

I would propose if anyone else found this useful to consider putting it in the skin?

Would this be difficult- anyone know how?! I have not a clue but am willing to try and learn!!!
thanks in advance
Neville

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi Neville

I am not sure if you can start a recursive slideshow from anywhere else.

In the mean time you can put a saved playlist in the picture directory and it will start automatically when you start the slideshow. Just name it folder.m3u.
    The setting in MP Configuration, Music settings will determine if the playlist is shuffled at startup.

Neville

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Neville

I am not sure if you can start a recursive slideshow from anywhere else.

In the mean time you can put a saved playlist in the picture directory and it will start automatically when you start the slideshow. Just name it folder.m3u.
    The setting in MP Configuration, Music settings will determine if the playlist is shuffled at startup.

Thanks for the comment
    I am not sure that that will help me. Generally I like to choose the music and the slideshow is an afterthought! for the most part just use media player via my phillips remote for music but then we never see the pictures...

Can this be changed - Strikes me that should not be hard to do a "plugin" to create that bit of function?

Any other comments gratefully received!
    Neville

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom