Radio plugin dissapeared / inactive (1 Viewer)

clud

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
Hi

Today I wanted to get radio on MP through the Radio plugin.

I ran into the problem of Radio not appearing in the main menu in MP configuration...?
It appears under the plugins section though but it doesnt stay enabled if I close MP conf and open it again to check...?

I run 1.0 RC2 on my htpc. I today installed RC2 on a laptop and Radio worked just fine... its a few months ago I installed RC2 on my hptc - would there be any differences between the RC2 from today and a few months ago?

br

Chr

Attachments

• mpconf.JPG
    mpconf.JPG
    65.6 KB
  • mpplugs.JPG
    mpplugs.JPG
    52 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    main menu in MP configuration

Most Radio functions, including streaming web based services are handled by the TVServer, so all configuration needs to be done there.

Can you confirm whether or not you have TVServer running on your system.

clud

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    Just tried now with TV server on on my laptop and I can still access radio in the main menu ( see jpg )
    See Im from Denmark and offcourse interested in some danish radiostations which a danish dude assembled in a *.pls file. Is there another way to use this *.pls file in fx TV-Server?

Attachments

• MPRadio.JPG
      MPRadio.JPG
      38.6 KB

clud

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    im 100% confident both my laptop and htpc are running MP 1.0 RC2, it just seems its not EXACTLY the same versions since my htpc doesn't have the radio ability in the MP configuration...
    I will try search the forums once more...

clud

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    hi again - ive now found out how to import the pls file in tv-server config / radio - and the channels are there and looks fine.
    BUT im still unable to get the Radio shown in the menu inside MP. Im enabling the radioplugin in MP config and - but its still greyed out after a restart of MP config...

now ive found it - in case others experience the same problem - then do the following.
    Open TV-server config -> import pls file under "radio channels" -> map all channels to the radiostream card.
    Open MP config -> plugins and make sure Radio is enabled under plugin AND process!!! ( my problem was that process was disabled... )

joseosoria

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    can anybody tell me where is this tv-server config? i checked everywhere and nowhere to be found .
    after i installed xp sp3 my radio desapeared from mp config, both plugins are enable but can't add my streaming radio stations.
    i can see my radio when i open mediapotal in home but no stations there .
    why did i installed sxp sp3?
    because i updated from .2.3 rc3 to mp1 rc2 .
    if i try to configure the my radio plugin i get an error of sql
    it says the database backend (provider sql server) could not be reached check the correction stream
    any help?

clud

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    When I installed 1.0 RC2 I got 3 shortcuts to my desktop - one of them called TV-server configuration and there you can set up radio stations.
    If shortcut isnt existing it should be found here "...Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\SetupTv.exe"
    Try and start up then you will be asked for a login and password to the sql server.
    ( login: sa pw: MediaPortal if you didnt change them during install )

joseosoria

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    ok thanks , i just did as u instructed.
    and also i found the tv server config on my desktop as u mentioned, i did not see it there, when i ran xp sp3 it deleted my configuration and hidded a lot of stuff from my desktop.
    i put the password but it gives me an error like logon ok but no program running on the other side.
    so what i did after that i ran again a new mediaportal imstaltion without uninstaalling the one i already have, just mediaaportal up to the point where you see a lot of files being unpaked, not the whole stuff like the windows sql stuff thaat gets installed , not just plain mp and my radio is back again on mp config and is working fine.
    now it is weird but now when i go to start , programs , i see 2 mediaaportal folders.
    i guess those are the 2 instalations , it does not bother me as long as there is no clashes.
    thanks a lot for your help guys.
    mediaportal es lo maximo, keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom