Random crashes/freezes and no radiosignal? (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    I'm experiencing a few problem since last weekends fresh Windows & MP install:

Since 1.0.1 wasn't released yet i installed 1.0 Final again with StreamedMP 0.7.490 (without TV-Series) and installed TV-Series plugin 2.1.3331

The strange thing is that i'm experiencing random crashes and sometimes a freeze up (This happened 4 times the last week during watching TV). I'm not using the basichome screens since 1.0 still has the BasicHome Screen bug in it and i don't wanna install SVN's for stability.

The logs for this issue have been included.

=================================================================================

Then i just found out that when i load a DVD in DaemonTools, there instantly is a crash after it loaded up. Auto-load is enabled, Security-mode disabled.

Anybody else experiencing this problem?

=================================================================================

And last but not least: Since the fresh install i'm getting the "Timeshift not possible, No Signal" error on all radiochannels i wanna listen to. This never happened before, and i haven't changed anything in the scansettings for the TV-Server. Also checked if frequencies had updated, but that hasn't happened either, so again:

Anybody else experiencing this issue or knows a solution to it?

TNX in advance for all thoughts and possible solutions :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Well one of your crashes is due to TVSeries 2.1, this has been resolved for a while now in 2.2...so when MediaPortal 1.0.1 is released you should upgrade to TVseries 2.2. Not sure what the rest of your problems are but I doubt they are skin related.

clobber

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2008
    I too was having quite a few problems with MP 1.0 and the latest streamedMP - however it was not crashing. So I installed 1.0.1 SVN and it has been working flawlessly - no stability issues.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    Well one of your crashes is due to TVSeries 2.1, this has been resolved for a while now in 2.2...so when MediaPortal 1.0.1 is released you should upgrade to TVseries 2.2. Not sure what the rest of your problems are but I doubt they are skin related.

Tnx :) i already thought it had something to do with TV-Series since it showed up in the logs, but wasn't sure.

I too was having quite a few problems with MP 1.0 and the latest streamedMP - however it was not crashing. So I installed 1.0.1 SVN and it has been working flawlessly - no stability issues.

Especially your last 3 words are important for me :) Stabilty above all.
    I might try to install an SVN then to resolve some problems, get the latest releases of all plugins and able to use DXVA.

OK, when i'm typing this i'm getting a freeze on TV again. i can navigate through the Guide, but when i try to stop the TV-stream, MP crashes, so i've attached new logs to the first post.
    On the previous crashes i had to do a hard reset to get it all to work again.

Users who are viewing this thread