Random crashes (1 Viewer)

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    Hey guys:

Spent all day getting MediaPortal and moving pictures working with about 600 movies in the collection. I have noticed some random crashes when trying to play movies and was wondering if others have seen. Everything works for a while and then all of the sudden if I click on Play, it just hangs. You can still here the sounds if you press back on the remote but it is dead. You can't even kill it via task manager. You have to reboot.... ugh.

Are others seeing this problem?

Running RC4 and .6.1 on Vista 32bit.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This sounds suspiciously similar to a bug found in MediaPortal which was supposedly fixed in RC4. There are details here. Do your logs look similar? Seem like it could be the same thing?

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    Bummer. I wish I could get this stable as I think it is far better than VMC and mymovies. I did have a crash in tv series as well when clicking the play button. That means its a general media portal bug and not moving pictures. :(

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    i have exactly the same problem

only happens with moving pictures, tv series and my my videos work fine

i click a movie to play and it randomly crashes you can hear the clicks in the background but nothing works

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Papas if you want help you're gonna have to provide logs or something. And more details.

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    Papas if you want help you're gonna have to provide logs or something. And more details.

If there a wiki or faq that details how to turn on debug logging and where the log file is located? I am more than happy to do whatever it takes to identify the problem as I think Moving Pictures is the coolest looking and best functioning movie software available. I really want to use it but my wife is gonna kill me if it locks up during one of her movie parties. :)

-- EDIT ---
    What log level do I need to be set at and how are they rotated. The only thing I see in the movingpictures.log is the following (set to error):

07-Dec-2008 17:50:17 Error [ DBField]: Error writing to DBUserMovieSettings.ResumeData Property. System.ArgumentException: Object of type 'System.String' cannot be converted to type 'System.Byte[]'.
    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.CheckArguments(Object[] parameters, Binder binder, BindingFlags invokeAttr, CultureInfo culture, Signature sig)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at Cornerstone.Database.DBField.SetValue(DatabaseTable owner, Object value)
    07-Dec-2008 17:50:59 Error [ MeligroveProvider]: Error parsing results from themoviedb.org web service (http://api.themoviedb.org/2.0/Movie...33c4094ca50635f94574491f320&imdb_id=tt0077975). System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.DataProviders.MeligroveProvider.getXML(String url)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    You can change the log level in the MediaPortal config (not the Moving Pictures config). Setting it to Debug would be the most helpful. And if you could post the error.log, mediaportal.log and movingpictures.log files as attachments that would give us the most information.

Your log file looks very similar to an issue I think we have already fixed that caused problems with resume data for ISOs. Last time I saw that issue though it was not causing a crash. I think armandp worked on that issue so maybe tomorrow he will have some thoughts. And please, when you get a chance if you could post your full debug logs after reproducing the error, that would help out a lot.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This issue might already be solved in the current svn version (to be 0.6.5) but yeah i like to see the debug logs also so i can compare them with the fixes i implemented.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I just installed RC4 (clean install) and I have some similar problems. Very often when I stop a movie MP crashes.
    I attach some logs so you can see if this is the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom