Randomly black screen on media playback (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, recently (not sure what has changed) I started getting random bouts of blank screens when starting media. Mostly I have audio, but screen is blank. It is also strange to stop the playback, sometimes I have to hit back and stop many times for it to actually stop. Also sometimes I start playback, I have audio, but screen remains in MePo menu.. Trying to play something else very occasionally gets it working again but normally a restart is required.

I believe it started on 1.14 pre, continued with 1.14 so at the weekend I did a complete uninstall (full uninstall of all MePo products) and resinstalled 1.14. Still doing the same thing :( Happens with TVseries as much as Online Videos. It happen just now so I grabbed the logs, hoping they show something. The install is pretty much standard except for the plugins I installed I never mess with codecs and such and allow default lav filters to be installed.

Thanks!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I get random bouts of blank screens when starting media. Mostly I have audio, but screen is blank.
    I also get this, occasionally. But in my case it occurs using MP 1.12, and with recorded TV. Once it happens, I have not found a way to get the video to re-appear, other than by exiting MP and then restarting MP.

As this happens only occasionally (and I am not using the current release of MP), I have not bothered to investigate it further.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I have another machine using 1.14 and its fine. Must be something related to the software / machine combination I guess, but what to try to attempt to fix it?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom