[Videos] Randomly stops playback of recordings or live TV (multiseat) (1 Viewer)

robby3

Portal Pro
April 9, 2008
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
When playing any recording MP randomly stops the playback. It then misses where it stopped and I have to wind forward to the last position. It happens on every playback at least once but never at the same position. I also noticed that the same behaviour happens during live tv (I do not often watch live TV).

Maybe an important note: When the playback stops all clients stops their playback at the very same moment, regardless if they were watching live tv or playback any recording.

A log is attached on a client where the stop appeared after a few minutes watching a record. I believe that this already happend with 1.0.2 on my multiseat installation.

Thanks in advance
Robby

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide, Blue 3
Windows Version: Vista64, XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD 4450e
HDD: Seagate 7200.80, HD Server = 2x 1TB striped
Memory: 2GB DDR800, CL5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Video Card: ATI HD3200
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.9
Sound Card: Realtek
Sound Card AC3: HDMI
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppage 4000 S2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Hauppage NOVA S2
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card: Hauppage NOVA S2
3. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2 and Hotbird 13
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC19
Cooling: none
Power Supply: external
Remote: HP USB IR Remote
TV: Philips Cineos LCD 52"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Maybe an important note: When the playback stops all clients stops their playback at the very same moment, regardless if they were watching live tv or playback any recording.

Thanks, I think that is pretty interesting fact. Most likely it is caused by some bug in streaming server (as bug in live555 lib or TsReader should cause only one specific stream to stop).

robby3

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Is there anything I can log from the server directly or to test to help to investigate this issue ?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Is there anything I can log from the server directly or to test to help to investigate this issue ?

One test case is that you use VLC as one of the clients. This will make sure that the issue is on TV server side.

1) start tv from the setup tv
    2) connect VLC to URL that is logged into streaming server log

robby3

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Ciao Simone, installed the SVN 10-10-09 1.0.4.23831 today on server and client. Unfortunately, it behaves the same. Played a recording, did a short jump of 3 minutes and just watched and after about 14 minutes it just stopped. Restarting playback starts from the beginning without asking to start from last position. I started MP again, jumped to the last position in the movie and watched until it stopped again. Log is attached.

Note: I did not yt run the test described from tourettes as I don't exactly know what to do.

Thanks in advance
    Robby

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I just noticed that i have this specific problem, but it only happens on my haupauge nova dvb-s2 card never on my firedtv dvb-c card.

Toga

Portal Pro
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had this issue on my FIREDTV DVB-C card.
    I was using a RAM Disk as the Timeshift folder.
    Since I changed back to using a Hard Disk as the time shift the problem has gone

robby3

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I had this issue on my FIREDTV DVB-C card.
    I was using a RAM Disk as the Timeshift folder.
    Since I changed back to using a Hard Disk as the time shift the problem has gone

Can someone please explain why the folder for timeshift or a TV card does affect the playback of recordings ? Please reread the problem I posted and compare to your experiences. I do not think that these are the same.

Thanks
    Robby

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Robby,

I also see this.

I have posted logs in internal team forums. If you have a short recording that reproduces the problem, could you let us know?

Also, could you post server and client logs?

One easy way to do this is create a tesxt file 'usertsp.txt' and place it in C:\ - this will force the sever to behave as if it was multiseat. At that point, any team member ought to be able to reproduce the problem with your recording.

Best wishes,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom