Rate my design, tell me of any problems. (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I have the main system built, but its not htpc ready yet. I am kind of at a funk for money, and still worried about how my my tv and sound system will cost me. When i am done building this, i will get insurance on it, and it will probally be the last entertainment system i will ever need, provided i will make future upgrades as technology unravels. K, nough talk, here is the design:

3.2GHZ/1MB/800FSB Intel P4 Proc
Asus P4C800E-Deluxe Sysbd
2GB Pc3200 RAM
Ati Radeon x800
WinTV-PVR-250
Mad Dog Entertainer 7.1 DSP SndCrd
Sound System and TV not selected yet.

**edit
forgot to add my hdd's:
4 160gb 16mb cache Maxtor DiamondMax10 in Raid 0

Any suggestions are welcome.

A

Anonymous

dsmith said:
I have the main system built, but its not htpc ready yet. I am kind of at a funk for money, and still worried about how my my tv and sound system will cost me. When i am done building this, i will get insurance on it, and it will probally be the last entertainment system i will ever need, provided i will make future upgrades as technology unravels. K, nough talk, here is the design:

3.2GHZ/1MB/800FSB Intel P4 Proc
Asus P4C800E-Deluxe Sysbd
2GB Pc3200 RAM
Ati Radeon x800
WinTV-PVR-250
Mad Dog Entertainer 7.1 DSP SndCrd
Sound System and TV not selected yet.

Any suggestions are welcome.

I think that the x800 is a bit of an overkill for a system like this, if your intention isn't to play games on it that is :)

A

Anonymous

actually, i am also planning to play games on it too. I am going to try to mount my monitor near the furniture, along with a wireless keyboard and mouse. That way i can use it either for movies and music(tv), or games and work(monitor).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom