Rating movies and movie suggestions (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just an idea for the future

Currently tvseries let's the user rate a movie, I'm not sure if the latest moving pics does this yet or when it is planned.

There are some websites
    eg. Criticker - Movie Recommendations and Community

This site will recommend movies based on your movie ratings, this could be used to suggest movies from your database to watch. Possible future expansion would involve pulling trailers for suggested movies, so you could watch trailers even if the movie isn't in your database/you don't own the movie yet.

Perhaps something like this can be integrated into moving pictures / moving pictures social in the future. (I didn't see it on the issue tracker, so apologies if already discussed)

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You can rate movies in Moving Pictures by using the context menu. (F9, or the info button on your remote) You can also enable an advanced option to auto-prompt you for a rating after watching a movie.

Moving Pictures Social also includes user ratings, and the ratings will be synced from Moving Pictures.

I also do plan to implement some type of movie recommendations into MPS. I wasn't aware of Criticker. will certainly take a look at them, to see if their API should be leveraged for this. Thanks for the suggestion.

mironto

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I've tried searching through the forum but could not find a thread about it so I will ask it here.

Is it possible to get 10 star user rating in movingpictures like we have it mytvseries? I went through all the configuration options for moving pictures, but cound not find it anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom