RAW Viewer im Mediaportal?

Discussion in 'Skins and Plugins Installer (MPEI)' started by noxx2, July 14, 2009.

1. noxx2

noxx2 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +40 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    hi

im looking for a possibility to show raw-pictures (*pef / *.dng) in mediaportal.
    perhaps anyone has a idea to add lightroom-libraries in mediaportal (or use
    codecs from other raw-viewer like picasa).

best regards

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. petrovice
    • Premium Supporter

petrovice MP Donator

IT-Developer
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I am also looking for a PlugIn to view raw images in MP. You can find a long thread here support-raw-image-format
    Suddenly there is no solution at the moment :-(

Regards,
    Peter

4. funkstar
    • Team MediaPortal

funkstar Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Home Country:
    Scotland Scotland
    Part of the issue is that not all RAW files are created equal. This is evident when you see the update logs for apps like Adobe Lightroom. There will often be a 0.1 version increase just to support a couple of new cameras from existing manufacturers. As the sensors change, so does the RAW format. The only exception to this is the Adobe DNG open raw format. But I don't really thing anyone actually uses it.

Different RAW viewers also produce very different results. Picasa for example always previews images from me 350D and 40D very dark, where as Lightroom shows they closer to what I would expect them to be.

Although I would be nice to point mediaPortal or a plugin to be photo library and have everything available, I would be far more likely to just point it to a "published" location and only put JPEG copies of the photos I would actually want to view again or show poeple (only about 10% of the photos I take are good enough. This is very common amongst the pro's and semi-pro's I know).

You could always just get your camera to save as RAW+JPEG and point MP to your library. If you make any alterations to the RAW in something like Lightroom, then just export again over the top of the JPEG from the camera.

5. narsor

narsor Portal Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Check pictures plugin section, I have created a plugin that can display RAW files (most of them), as well as standard pictures like jpg, bmp etc

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!