RC1 + 1. SVN doesnt save view settings and last viewed positions from recordings (1 Viewer)

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi, i have now notized if i change the recording sorting to date (from list) in my recordings and close/open MP has lost the setting.

the same for me is if i watch a recorded show and go to live tv, normaly should mark the last watched position...but nothing... everytime is starting from begin :(

Any other noticed this behaviour?

In the mediaportal.log is nothing about a security or write error

where are this informations saved?

thx for any help
    MoPhat

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    the same for me is if i watch a recorded show and go to live tv, normaly should mark the last watched position...but nothing... everytime is starting from begin :(

Any other noticed this behaviour?

Have noticed this also!
    I liked the way it was, when it started from the point where a "show" was stopped. Would be nice to know if it is deliberately or not (a bug?)...

/tompa

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi tompa, do you know where is saved this informations?

MoPhat

jdivic

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2005
    Croatia
    hello,

I noticed problem you are talking about on my clean (without SVN) RC1 installation. And problem is like this: if I watch recorded show on server machine than current position is recorded and when I start to play again it shows me question about continuing or starting from beginning, but on client it seams that it has a problem with writing because if I watched recorded show on server machine and press stop, and then go to client machine and start to play that show it asks me if I want to continue, but every time from the point I stopped on server machine, not from the last point on client machine.
    If I start to play new recorded show on client machine it will never record that I started to watch the show and will never ask me if I want to continue.
    So as I can conclude on server machine it works ok, but client machine can read info about where show was stopped but can't update or insert that info.
    And for the end, I think this is no big deal to implement or correct (so I didn't start the thread because I was thinking of implementing it on my own when final would be out, but when someone already noticed this I wanted to describe in detail how it is on my side, maybe it would help) but it would be worth to keep in mind that this could be implemented in two ways, and both have sense... first is to keep one record per recording so when you start to play recording on every client it will show same recorded point, and second is to keep info per recording and per client so when you start to watch on one client and stop, and someone else start on another client it will not show him/her question about continuation but will start from beginning... and even it could be implemented per username and recording... you know... :)

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I never get "the question" when I restart a show that earlier was stopped, and I'm only running clients.

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thank you simone

Hi jdivic, i have a single seat installation for MP.

I have noticed this behaviour since the RC1 has released.

My question now: why is something working in the earlier SVN (beta) versions are now broken !???

And for the end, I think this is no big deal to implement or correct (so I didn't start the thread because I was thinking of implementing it on my own when final would be out, but when someone already noticed this I wanted to describe in detail how it is on my side, maybe it would help) but it would be worth to keep in mind that this could be implemented in two ways, and both have sense... first is to keep one record per recording so when you start to play recording on every client it will show same recorded point, and second is to keep info per recording and per client so when you start to watch on one client and stop, and someone else start on another client it will not show him/her question about continuation but will start from beginning... and even it could be implemented per username and recording... you know... :)

Thata great, but the main function is broken...

any help for this bug?
    MoPhat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom