RC1 compatiblity under win7? (1 Viewer)

uncertainty

Portal Pro
September 29, 2007
NYC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Before I upgrade my TV server to RC1 can anyone confirm if it works with the 1.3.2 release under win7 32bit?

thanks

gunck4

Portal Pro
December 8, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Very strange.. I've been using the MpTvClient_x86.zip package (1.3.2) on my x64 W7, against 1.0.2 MP running on x86 XP, with success for months but it doesn't work anymore. Probably the reason is some update from MS or something. Very annoying anyway.. :(

uncertainty

Portal Pro
September 29, 2007
NYC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

BTW thanks for the info. Im having trouble though downloading 1.3.3 from that link. Do you or anyone know of an optional link for it?

Also I see that TV server 1.1.0 RC1 uses mysql 5.1 for the default database. I currently am running tv server 1.0.2 with the old-default microsoft sql 5 server. Will the upgrade allow me to still use microsoft sql 5 or do I have to convert over to mysql 5.1?

thanks

Petsku

Portal Member
November 10, 2009
Home Country
Finland Finland
I have 64 bit Windows 7 OS with MediaPortalSetup_1.1.0_BETA-1_rev23491 installed. I got them work quite well together after I disabled completely built-in Windows' Media Center, but after I tried this new version RC1 of MediaPortal, it didn't work at all. I tried to uninstall this previous Beta -version completely before new RC1 installation, but no luck. So now I have this Beta back and it works fine again, although I had to restore first the previous settings.

insan3

Portal Member
May 25, 2009
I am using 1.3.3 with the binaries copied from the mp folder but still i get a fatal error.

error.png

mhund

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Darmstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: RC1 compatiblity under win7?

Sorry. Does not work with 1.1.0 RC1 Server and W7 x64 Client

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] usb tuner not listed DE
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    New install win 11. have hauppauge 955q usb tuner astc. I see it in device manager under sound video game controllers. i did...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I installed the MPserverKodi plugin, shared the corresponding directories, and activated smb under Windows. Nevertheless, Kodi remains with the message 'PVR Manager is being tested: 0%
    So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I...
    So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom