RC1 loops when starting music (1 Viewer)

kevin939

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: None
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: default
Windows Version: XP - fullly patched
CPU Type: Athlon
HDD: Samsung 160G
Memory: 512M
Motherboard: FSC
Motherboard Chipset: SIS
Motherboard Bios: FSC
Video Card: on board
Video Card Driver: SIS
Sound Card: onbaord
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: nne
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: N/A
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling: stadnard
Power Supply: FSC
Remote: none
TV: none
TV - HTPC Connection:

I just installed the new RC1 od media portal. Installed simply, configured simply and I pointed it at my music albums. Updated the database through the setup. Started MP

On selecting Music screen blanks and sits there. Logs show a loop:

2007-06-16 10:02:32.093750 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Error in the application.
-2005530585 (D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
2007-06-16 10:02:32.093750 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Error in the application.
2007-06-16 10:02:32.093750 [ERROR][MPMain]: site :Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr)
2007-06-16 10:02:32.109375 [ERROR][MPMain]: source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
2007-06-16 10:02:32.109375 [ERROR][MPMain]: stacktrace: at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
2007-06-16 10:02:32.203125 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Error in the application.
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
2007-06-16 10:02:32.203125 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Error in the application.
2007-06-16 10:02:32.203125 [ERROR][MPMain]: site :Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr)
2007-06-16 10:02:32.203125 [ERROR][MPMain]: source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
2007-06-16 10:02:32.203125 [ERROR][MPMain]: stacktrace: at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
2007-06-16 10:02:32.312500 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :Error in the application.

This is repeatable

Tried to follow instruction on raising a bug but - media tools crashed (repeatable).

Cheers

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Attach full mediaportal.log to you post (not in it), do you have more then 64mb on your graphic card & does it fit the specs for MP?

Btw it works just fine here.

Regards
    Roy

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Graphics card is onboard version - SIS761GX with shared memory which I suspect is using the base 32M.
    CPU is Athlon 64 3000+

Just installed on another computer on the same network. Pointed t the Music server no issue just worked. Updated the music database and fired up again - works OK

Will uninstall on originall server and try again tomorrow

(by the way why doesnt the log section I included point to the fault. The problem is a looping one with the log simply repeating ad nausium - 1st time logged 10M before I stopped it)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    First of all, don't install MP when requirements it's not in place, i guess it could have been but that means devs have to use time on making it ;)

Regards
    Roy

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    So where are the "requirements" documented?

Just looked through the site and failed to find a defintion of the PC needed - other than TV cards which I am not using.

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Woops - I must read the whole post next time - sorry.

From that spec believe the machine should fit with the possible exception of Windows Media player. I really dont like it and normally don't install it on any of my machines (I also keep IE off and stick to firefox).

I have now double checked the update level - it isdefinitly up to date

I have increased the graphics to 128M as recomended but the onboard graphics only support Directx 7 in the hardware although DXDIAG appears quite happy.

Does the lack of hardware support directly mean Media portal wont work?
    (I thought the Windows interface, which must be called from Mediaportal, simply did the work in s/w rather than give it to the graphics hardware). the SIS site says it is DirectX 9.0 S/W compliant

I have also installed media player 11.

I now get EXACTLY the same problem - an infinite loop.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    I don't have any graphic cards thats old so i don't know how it will behave. What i know it's that on my computers (5) the cards do fit the requirement & it works.
    Maybe it helps with turning of animations etc in MP Setup?

Regards
    Roy

4apaev

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi all

I have the almost same situation with following configuration ( no problems when using stable 0.2.2.0 version ! ) :

Motherboard ASUS M2A-VM HDMI with integrated Radeon x1250 graphics ( upgraded with latest ATI drivers )

Athlon DualCore 4400+

2G memory

Fully patched windowsXP SP2

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC1

SVN version MediaPortal-svn--08-25-2007--01-02-Rev15641

MediaPortal Skin: default

As far as I know x1250 have full DirectX 9 support .

The problems begins after accessing to "My pictures" folder and switching the view to "Filmstrip" - portal freezes .. log is same - D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR ..e.t.c .....

Currently I have downgraded to 0.2.2.0 ..Unfortunately :( ...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    4apaev, this issue it's moved to no bug/fixed issues & actually closed, you have to start a new one to get any help & add the necessary system specs & logs.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom