RC1 - Music Playback Cross Fade Feature/Implementation Problem (1 Viewer)

Bewildered

Portal Member
May 14, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

As this a MP configuration issue I figured the System Spec wouldn't be required and I could save some time by not writing it all out again. My bug/feature request/issue is with the "Playback Settings for Bass Player":

1. Usability
Selecting cross fade and bufferring to 10ms isn't necessary - can't we just do it in 0.5s increments...seems so fiddly now

2. Cross Fade
The cross fade feature is GREAT when SKIPPING a track BUT I have found it awful when listening to a synchronis set of mp3 files (e.g an album) where by default one song blends to another - here the feature mangles the audio and the track transistions are painful. Worse still when you are listening to a CD (one of those round silvery things) the impact is even worse.

Could we:

1. Set the desired cross fade settings in the config and apply these by DEFAULT only to track skips; then
2. Provide an option in the My Music menu to manually turn on cross fade (with a button like the "TV on" one).

Using #2 the feature is active for all tracks being played. The setting can be stateful within MP so that it is remembered for the next session.

When I disable the cross fade my music plays normally, but the very refined method of track skipping is also lost which is a pity as it is very slick.

B.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Since it is by design it's not a bug, but that said it's a good improvement request.

Regards
    Roy

armyofme

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2006
    York
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I agree, I think this is great suggestion. It would also be good if the crossfade worked by default on audioscrobbler as well as track skipping as I think it sounds good with a mix of tracks but not with album tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom