RC3 crash when stop playing TVseries? (1 Viewer)

Craymel

Portal Member
July 10, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi!,

I have another problem with the RC3 (running on Windows Vista).

When I play a video from MP-TVseries, and then stop it, the images go off and if you try to exit (with"Esc") Media Portal crash.

Any solution?

Thanks!

Mantis

Portal Member
January 31, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Same problem when stopping liveTV i main menu

Hi, I have the same problem when I start LiveTV and return to main menu with liveTV in thumbnail window. When I press "stop" MP Freezes (goes black) and consumes a lot of disk and cpu resources but doesn’t finish (in reasonable time) and has to be stopped using taskmanager.

I’m using MP RC3, FireDTV-C, Vista and Geforce 8500.
I get this error in the windows eventlog.

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

/mantis

fitto

Portal Pro
July 6, 2007
Barcelona
Hi,

I had the same behaviour, combined with MP crash when stopping live TV.

Changing from VMR9 to EVR fixed it (though then you have to face other EVR issues... :()

T-Buster

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    LDK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!,

I have another problem with the RC3 (running on Windows Vista).

When I play a video from MP-TVseries, and then stop it, the images go off and if you try to exit (with"Esc") Media Portal crash.

Any solution?

Thanks!

Same here, after stop Playing an file of TV Series all the Images disapear, and when i type Esc to exit the Plugin i get a black screen.

After this "Crash" i get this over and over in the log file
    Code:
    2008-10-13 18:58:34.063641 [Info.][MPMain]: GUIWindowManager: Could not find window 50
    [B]2008-10-13 18:58:34.065594 [Info.][MPMain]: render exception:System.AccessViolationException: Es wurde versucht, im geschützten Speicher zu lesen oder zu schreiben. Dies ist häufig ein Hinweis darauf, dass anderer Speicher beschädigt ist.
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIImage.FontEngineDrawTexture(Int32 textureNo, Single x, Single y, Single nw, Single nh, Single uoff, Single voff, Single umax, Single vmax, Int32 color, Single[,] matrix)
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIImage.Render(Single timePassed)
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.DoRender(Single timePassed, UInt32 currentTime)
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)[/B]
    2008-10-13 18:58:34.105630 [Info.][MPMain]: TextureManager: load from memory: [TVSeries:C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners\EUReKA - Die geheime Stadt\-langen-graphical_79334-g3.jpg]
    2008-10-13 18:58:34.106607 [Info.][MPMain]: TextureManager: load from memory: [TVSeries:C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MPTVSeriesBanners\EUReKA - Die geheime Stadt\-langen-graphical_79334-g3.jpg]
    2008-10-13 18:58:34.107583 [Info.][MPMain]: render exception:System.AccessViolationException: Es wurde versucht, im geschützten Speicher zu lesen oder zu schreiben. Dies ist häufig ein Hinweis darauf, dass anderer Speicher beschädigt ist.
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIImage.FontEngineDrawTexture(Int32 textureNo, Single x, Single y, Single nw, Single nh, Single uoff, Single voff, Single umax, Single vmax, Int32 color, Single[,] matrix)
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.DoRender(Single timePassed, UInt32 currentTime)
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)
    2008-10-13 18:58:34.147620 [Info.][MPMain]: render exception:System.AccessViolationException: Es wurde versucht, im geschützten Speicher zu lesen oder zu schreiben. Dies ist häufig ein Hinweis darauf, dass anderer Speicher beschädigt ist.
       bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)

Mantis

Portal Member
    January 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi, I'll just post my post-testing results from watchdog in case someone can use them.

The strange thing is that the error (mp crash when stopping livetv in main menu) doesnt happen when MP isn´t fullscreen??

and a newbie question - how do I switch from WMR9 to EVR? Is it a setting in MP config or the decoder (using Nvidia purevideo decoder in vista).

/Mantis

Mantis

Portal Member
    January 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thats strange, I cant find the DirectShow Filter Control in MP configuration (its the application and not a xml file right?). Could you post a screendump?

EDIT: Found the expert mode option and located the filter option.

Thanks
    Mantis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom