RC3 vista 64bit custom thumbnails? (1 Viewer)

maximus09

Portal Member
October 15, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi I'm a noob to media portal :) I was looking for a good media service for my new HTPC and Mediaportal looked like the best! All I had experience with before was Windows Media Centre and that hardly gave any functionality that I wanted. I'm using RC3 on Vista 64bit.

As good as it is, I still have a few problems. My main problem is the thumbnails!! Now I have searched the forums and read all the posts on these problems, but I wanted to ask my specific question to see if it can be solved.

I have used the F3 action on most of my movies and downloaded IMDB info and pics which is great BUT some films didn't find any pics for the thumbnails! So I went to the configuration and browsed for my own pic, however it does not display in the Icon or filmstrip mode. It does not even display the small icon in list mode BUT does display when you rollover the movie in the list. hhmm weired anyone experienced this and know of a fix?

2nd problem is when scanning my TV series it can't find any info from imdb for the series even though when I do a manual search of IMDB website the TV series are listed!! HHMM All I want really is to have thumbnails on the folders for the TV Series. I have tried the folder.jpg which doesn't work, I have tried assigning the image to the folder in windows which also doesn't work. One series was found on IMDB and it displayed a thumbnail and then I checked the folder in windows and the same thumbnail was assigned to it even though I hadn't done it?!?!? :eek:

SO my main question is can I put custom thumbnails barring the methods above? IF NOT and I have to install the plugin MP-TV series will this work with RC3 Blue 3??? I read that you may have to alter the UI of MP to use this?!?

I'm guessing a few of my problems can be solved by using RC2, but RC3 Blue 3 looks so nice I don't want to! ;)

Any help would be great, and sorry for babbling on :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom