RC4 - EVR - HD Channels oh my. (1 Viewer)

MrMel

Portal Pro
November 16, 2007
First of all, If I use VMR9 everthing works just fine, some dreaded black screens sometimes, and picture "stays", but overall, its fairly ok.

Then I try EVR, I have two client machines, both running Vista both with Aero enabled both having same "issues"
Both has UAC disabled, one is a really high end machine (gaming pc)

Tried some different encoders:
CoreAVC 1.8.0
- With EVR the screen show a few frames then stop, can try anything, always the same, as soon as I switch back to VMR9, no issue.

CoreAVC 1.8.5
- With EVR the screen now plays the channel, but shows only part of the HD screen with low resolution, in other words I see with "non-HD resultion" on a HD picture, so I get a small part of it.

Something simple? Or?

- Fredrik

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any particular make of graphics card\chip.

Just to help narrow it down :)

Know you have said you tried a few, how about PDVD8, that has hardware acceleration for EVR with Vista.

MrMel

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    Nvidia 9800 GT

I just found out 1 second ago that disable the hardware deinterlacing option under CoreAVC Setting program did the trick, now next quest is: why I cant have it enabled.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    CoreAvc might be the best people to ask, is there a forum related to them, never thought that particular codec used any hardware enhancements.

MrMel

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    WOOT

Under CoreAVC Settings, disable the YV12 output

Dont have a clue why, but...

Now I got GREAT performance, virtually ZERO tearing for the first time ever after using MP for a year or so. :eek:

Happy camper! :cool:

- Fredrik

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Nvidia 9800 GT

I just found out 1 second ago that disable the hardware deinterlacing option under CoreAVC Setting program did the trick, now next quest is: why I cant have it enabled.

I'm curious why you are not using hardware decoding if you have a 9800GT? Use MPC Video Decoder or Cyberlink PowerDVD 7/8 H.264/VC-1 decoder and take advantage of your GPU's hardware acceleration capabilities.

CoreAVC is purely a software decoder and does not leverage GPU support for decoding. It should only be used on systems that don't have the GPU capabilities but have enough CPU power to do software decoding.

Just my 2 cents...

MrMel

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    (only tried Cyberlink) but I got stability issues, one channel would work but not the next, then black screen from time to time, with CoreAVC all that went away.

But that was with RC3, I can give it a try again now with RC4 to see if something has changed.

damaster

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    (only tried Cyberlink) but I got stability issues, one channel would work but not the next, then black screen from time to time, with CoreAVC all that went away.

But that was with RC3, I can give it a try again now with RC4 to see if something has changed.

Cyberlink's decoders are slightly stricter when it comes to video compliancy checks. Try MPC Video Decoder. It's free and it works better than Cyberlink.

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry I dont beleave it is fixed. I got the the same problem with EVR and Coreavc. I have ATI 3650.
    Trying arround with some settings in coreavc setting i found one where Astra HD and Anixe HD is Fullscreen and not part of fullscreen.

In my settings it works with HW deinterlacing. But the moving image quality is bad. Only movingless images are super.

With cyberlink 8 I got the same partial fullscreen

So what is next?

What is the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom